Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheChosenOne

Thread: Old youtube account access

Old youtube account access

I'm getting frustrated trying to connect to my youtube channel on my iphone.
    It is an old account before google bought it. I have the name of the account and the email address notifications are sent to, but I can't remember the password. When I try checking the account info it doesn't look like there is a password for the account. I think it is a type of account called a brand account.
    I'm completly buggered as to what to do.

try this

In the box on the left, enter your YouTube username and password. If you don’t remember your password, unfortunately there is no password recovery option for these accounts.
    Might be a dead end unfortunately https://support.google.com/youtube/t...097#ts=3309345

Edit: When you go on https://www.youtube.com/gaia_link try click on "I cannot access my account" and enter the email where notifications go on there?

Edit2: If that doesn't work, try this
    You cannot reset the password of a legacy YouTube "account". If you do not know it you need to use the legacy email address and create a Google account with it. Then sign into that legacy email-using Google account and approach the Gaia link like that. You should actually be shown a notice about the legacy YouTube and offer of linkage.
    Last edited by TheChosenOne; 15-05-2017 at 03:20 PM.
    stug likes this.