Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Petition we all need to sign

signed

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    There's shit loads of people who have signed it with comments like "I'm a firearm collector" or "I shoot pistols in competition".

It took me less than three minutes to search their names and locations through White Pages and get their home address. And of course their phone number to ring to see if their home. Another click give me a map and street view of their house.

Not everyone of course, but I found six in about 15 minutes. All had comments indicating endorsements and had easy enough names to Google search to confirm who they were through facebook or linked in.

Names and addresses along with photos and maps of houses guns are stored in. All found from the comfort of my office while sipping cold beer.

They are fucking stupid idiots for putting personal information online. How much would the Mongrel Mob pay for a list?
    And I got my picture in the Fishing News with a fish, next to a $100 000 boat with a $1500 rod and reel combo and out side a $500 000 beach house. And it had my name printed next to the picture. Although they spelt my name wrong. Should I be worried, or am I just being paranoid?
    kiwijames likes this.

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Out of curiosity, @systolic , would you mind doing one of those 5min searches on me, and pm me your results?
    Tommy likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

signed

signed

Settle down julian. Signed

Signed

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Out of curiosity, @systolic , would you mind doing one of those 5min searches on me, and pm me your results?
    Sure. Just give me your real name and where you live and I'll see what I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    And I got my picture in the Fishing News with a fish, next to a $100 000 boat with a $1500 rod and reel combo and out side a $500 000 beach house. And it had my name printed next to the picture. Although they spelt my name wrong. Should I be worried, or am I just being paranoid?
    If someone wants to steal a boat, they can simply drive around until they see one they like parked on the lawn or on the road in front of a house.

A boat is a pretty good indication there are rods and reels nearby too.

Most gun safes, especially those containing pistols or assault weapons probably aren't visble from the road.

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Sure. Just give me your real name and where you live and I'll see what I can find.
    Now that would be cheating....
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Now that would be cheating....
    Well the whole point was that there are fucking idiots who put their, often uncommon, names and towns on the petition when they made comments.

Found the home addresses of a couple more people just now. One woman has photos on facebook of her shooting at Hamilton Pistol Club. Nice arse too.

Well the whole point was that there are fucking idiots who put their, often uncommon, names and towns on the petition when they made comments.

Found the home addresses of a couple more people just now. One woman has photos on facebook of her shooting at Hamilton Pistol Club. Nice arse too.
    Has anyone ever told you your a dickhead?

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Are you like this in your social interactions in the real world, or only online?

"Hi, I'm Sarah. Nice to meet you."
    "Hi Sarah, I'm not telling you my name, in case you use that info to find out even more about me."
    "O.... kay... What hobbies are you into?"
    "Can't say, because if I did, you might infer that I have a firearms licence, and probably firearms, which you might steal from my house... Shit I've said too much already."
    "Speaking of which, how about we get out of here and head back to your place ."
    "All I can give you is my P.O. Box number."

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    You're not paranoid if people really ARE out to get you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk