Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Polish off the family

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Mate I'll do a Haka at your funeral! And give you a 21 gun salute!
    Nepotism, I've never been drawn to it, but in rugby, basket ball and young enterprise which both my kids did in their younger days it was rife. In employment it can be debilitating when managers employ their family members. It's one big piss off. Tell your grandson to move on and use his given talent with those that value and appreciate it!! Tell him I wish good luck!
    Thanks Maca although I don't know what makes you think you will out live me you geriatric old bugger.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Nay be he doesn't drink Waikato that will give him a head start
    gadgetman, Pengy, Maca49 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    We had a situation with my Brother many years ago when we were at college. Mum got involved and I think both the teacher and the head master were walking funny afterwards from the reaming....The teacher had accused my brother of wagging after vandalising his desk that day. Parents were "summoned" and the situation explained....Then Mum asked how her son had returned (midweek no less) from a School trip (week excursion) and vandalised a desk when he was under another teachers direct supervision. I can vouch that Mums can be very effective when their sons (or daughters) are involved. (as it truns out the student that had "told on" my brother was actually the culprit and he was trying to get my brother into trouble as a form of bullying...)

I hope your grandson is able to perform, but more importantly I am very glad to hear he has learned solid values, that are too often missing in today's world. Apparently he has learnt better than the teacher....
    Unfortunately he won't be performing on this occasion but you are right. As he tells it, when he was very publicly embarrassed in front of his group he suppressed the urge to punch the teacher, held his head up and walked away. Even in the heat of that moment he gave good example to his fellow students. I am hugely proud of his conduct.
    P38 and gadgetman like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

This is rife in both European and particularly Maori. I coached high school 1xv for 4 years and every year I was asked by the school to make sure that the captain was a member of a certain tribe as they were the schools main sponsor, and every year I said nah, team pick. The son had trials for the BOP Under 16 and under 18's, he stood out as worthy of a placement but not enough Maori in him despite his ancestry, to blond. Similar in the Daughters netball, so blatant, as the coach for that was a member of the same tribe and at prize giving all the useless fucks shone as the achievers, what a load of crap. C'est la vei
    Tommy and SlowElliot like this.
    "Sine Metu"

GA you have to learn to back rub, cock suck, and get your head up arses to excel in many things, cost me a few jobs over the years, many are so insecure in their position and cannot tolerate opened the fair play and being told it as it is!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Its so frustrating i co coach a kids touch team, tomorrow is our last game, and in turn is time to hand out most valuable player etc etc we have only 2 girls in our team so no subs for them and one of them is a spectacular player by far the most valuable player but the other coach is determined to give it to his son as well, its left me in this horrible position that screams nepotism but how the hell do you approach it. why do people get like that
    Tommy likes this.
    TIKKA 595 7mm08 for the deer 12 gauge for everything else!

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    Its so frustrating i co coach a kids touch team, tomorrow is our last game, and in turn is time to hand out most valuable player etc etc we have only 2 girls in our team so no subs for them and one of them is a spectacular player by far the most valuable player but the other coach is determined to give it to his son as well, its left me in this horrible position that screams nepotism but how the hell do you approach it. why do people get like that
    That's a really shitty position to be in
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Tell him Your decision! End of story, Best person gets it
    Munsey, Steve123 and ROKTOY like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Let the players/performers vote.
    Pengy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowElliot View Post
    Let the players/performers vote.
    That's how it was done with my boys soccer squad. All the boys chose the top 3 per game along with the coaches. At the end of tournament all points were tallied up and the highest got the prize
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Tell him Your decision! End of story, Best person gets it
    Problem is that the "dad" usually has a higher opinion of his sons abilities and probably thinks that his son is best. They see the world through different coloured glasses....
    Splash likes this.

Yep but depends on who has the final say, never employed my family, or an employees family member or close friend, never re employed someone who has left, always been happy for an employee to leave me for greener fields, but have been told I have strange ideas in running a business. Works for me
    nzfubz likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I don't know how you can be angry Rushy when your moko shows integrity like that. A true leader
    Maca49 and JasonW like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    I don't know how you can be angry Rushy when your moko shows integrity like that. A true leader
    You are right of course Pointer but I have a propensity to become incensed by injustices and that tendency becomes acute when the subject of the injustice is family.

Good lesson for him Rushy, not all playing fields are level, gives him a good lesson in arseholes, and I'm sure this won't be the only one he ever meets, but he's handled it well and will grow from it because of his attitude. Wonder where he gets that from?
    Pointer and 223nut like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough