Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Sending a Sold Rifle (for dummies)

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    DONT USE FASTWAYS. they left a sign on delivery rifle on my front door all day! The only reason there has not been a story on the news about it is the seller asked me not to.
    So who then?
    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Following

i have sent pistols by any means that i can , i dont choose one over the other , they all made it just fine .
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

nzhs could just about have their own courier with the amount of inter island sales going on. it would almost be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    I am trying a new angle, shop to shop

But thanks for all the swift assistance guys
    That's the way I've sent and received all mine. Saves the police form stuff too, as you still have to show your license at the shop before picking it up. Pays to call around to find hunting stores that are happy to ship and receive for you though. Some are happy to do it, some aren't.
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgrass View Post
    That's the way I've sent and received all mine. Saves the police form stuff too, as you still have to show your license at the shop before picking it up. Pays to call around to find hunting stores that are happy to ship and receive for you though. Some are happy to do it, some aren't.
    Hunting and Fishing still require the police form

The only one I've got posted went to a shop. I went up with a couple of things to buy before I asked, and he was happy enough. He wanted to see FA license before handing over because he 'assumed' it was a firearm.
    I'd heard it was a real run around to get it sorted, but was surprised at how smooth and easy the process was, so long as everything was filled out correctly

Have always used Fastways, have had one hassle. They seem to have upped their act as lately, they want a signature. Still think that the problems comes down to the individual drivers and their tracking system sometimes seems to be off the mark. Don't use the companies that state they don't carry firearms in their small print. I also always inform the driver on pickup that it's a firearm.
    Kscott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Old man had a pistol sent to him by them also, he lives in north Otago and somehow it got delivered and signed for about 300km away, the person who received it didn't read the address on the front either and so opened it and it turned into quite the drama as they were not exactly firearms enthusiasts
    Wish it had been ME
    Steve123 and keneff like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    So who then?
    I use TOLL Parcels hahahahahaha but so cheap!
    Fast ways $20.00 from here to Nelson last week, three days del
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Have used Fastways and Post Haste for firearms and ammunition. Never had an issue.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    I've always used Post Haste or NZ Couriers. Never had an issue. Fastways can be ok but all depends on your local contractor and if rural then that can leaded to a f@#k up. All other couriers use NZ Post as their rural contractors.

http://www.police.govt.nz/sites/defa...-plus-form.pdf the seller needs to fill in the form on page 4 and 5
    then take it into his local cop shop where they will sight his license and fill in there part saying they have done so then they will fax it to the local arms officer who checks everything and approves it he then emails you a copy from his police email address saying your are approved to send the firearm he may also phone you also sends a copy of the approved form to both you and the buyer

pretty much all you do as a seller is provide the details required for the form sit back and relax and send the firearm when approval arrives from the AO

vin, maate.
    Thread bump... Fastway are trying to charge me $156 to send a rifle box + bolt box from Auckland to Christchurch. This sounds absurd...

Can anyone suggest anything?

Wtf. Wrap the rifle (bolt included) in bubble wrap and corrugated cardboard. Don't mention what it is. Take it to their depot in Penrose. I've done this several times and it costs $35