Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Sheds and/or garages.

  1. #16
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    17,382
    Single pitch from 2.7 - 2.4 and continue past for 1m on 2.4 side for the firewood storage
    Werawhakaui?

    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

  2. #17
    By Popular Demand gimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Big H
    Posts
    7,147
    that was an option but would end up with less overall overhead space than a 15 degree 2-pitched roof with 2.4 stud height

  3. #18
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    17,382
    That is true
    Werawhakaui?

    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

  4. #19
    Member JoshC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southland/Otago
    Posts
    2,621
    I built a two bay shed last year, 8m x 4m to replace an old one that'd rotted etc. Six poles, open front, but could fit roller doors in easy enough. It has enough room to fit quad, mountain bikes, lawnmowers, jet ski, dinghy etc in one side and the landcruiser in the other. Bought all the timber direct from the sawmill (douglas fir), poles are treated pine, the fixtures and fittings from a construction outfit in Auckland selling thru trademe (like 60% cheaper than placemakers here!) and got 2nd hand good condition iron off trademe for the walls and new stuff for the roof. I didn't pour a pad for it, laid a couple loads of rock, track rolled it and put a thick layer of screened river gravel down. Built it myself over a couple of weeks, with one days help of my cousin-in-law whos a builder. Took about 3 days to knock it up total. Had a mate come with his airless sprayer and painted it the same colour as our house roof. Total cost was less than $2800. Kit sets are a rip off.
    veitnamcam, Smiddy, Munsey and 2 others like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

  5. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kaukapakapa
    Posts
    561
    Pics josh?

  6. #21
    Member Boaraxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    921
    my mate & i have almost finished a 3 bay got 2 walls left to cover ,flashing & gutter to put on, awesome project we did it in between hunting trips over the roar 13.5 long 9 deep with 1 meter overhang should be all finished at 8k including the gravel floor , got it through placemakers actually forgot the permit $860 .I was surprised to hear kitset sheds arnt really kit set just a pile of timber that still needs cut , I was wanting to buy direct from the mill down the road but seemly the council inspectors don't approve of timber that hasn't been stress tested or something along those lines .
    Name:  IMG_4157 (Copy).JPG
Views: 169
Size:  301.1 KB
    gadgetman, Smiddy and JoshC like this.

  7. #22
    Member JoshC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southland/Otago
    Posts
    2,621



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    puku, Wildman, Beaker and 1 others like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

  8. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    hokitika
    Posts
    1,003
    Couple of good looking sheds right there


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beaker likes this.
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

  9. #24
    Member Sideshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    my mate & i have almost finished a 3 bay got 2 walls left to cover ,flashing & gutter to put on, awesome project we did it in between hunting trips over the roar 13.5 long 9 deep with 1 meter overhang should be all finished at 8k including the gravel floor , got it through placemakers actually forgot the permit $860 .I was surprised to hear kitset sheds arnt really kit set just a pile of timber that still needs cut , I was wanting to buy direct from the mill down the road but seemly the council inspectors don't approve of timber that hasn't been stress tested or something along those lines .
    Attachment 68272
    Stress tested? What every peace of timber coming out of a mill is stress tested?

  10. #25
    Member Sideshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,928
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like the Blue truck you got there JoshC must have good MPG and awesome off road capabilities
    Beaker, 25/08IMP and screamO like this.

  11. #26
    Member Boaraxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Stress tested? What every peace of timber coming out of a mill is stress tested?
    Something along those lines carnt remember exactly why but the mill owner talked me out of buying his timber as he had trouble getting a shed signed off , iv brought plenty direct before but he said when it comes to someone signing off on a consent for a shed it was much easier through the likes of placemakers or goldpine , I was using a placemakers design that there architect has drawn up so guess it all kind of swings around , funnily enough when the timber turned up it had the local mills stamp on it anyway !

  12. #27
    Member JoshC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southland/Otago
    Posts
    2,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    I like the Blue truck you got there JoshC must have good MPG and awesome off road capabilities
    Nah mate she's a bit average offroad eh. Bald tyres, a few generations old that girl. My 3 wheeler though, it rips big time. Red handle bars were a recent addition, but certainly make it go faster.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

  13. #28
    Member Sideshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Something along those lines carnt remember exactly why but the mill owner talked me out of buying his timber as he had trouble getting a shed signed off , iv brought plenty direct before but he said when it comes to someone signing off on a consent for a shed it was much easier through the likes of placemakers or goldpine , I was using a placemakers design that there architect has drawn up so guess it all kind of swings around , funnily enough when the timber turned up it had the local mills stamp on it anyway !
    So just more bureaucracy? Our a sorting procedure. Guess the end user is still paying though

  14. #29
    Member Sideshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,928
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Nah mate she's a bit average offroad eh. Bald tyres, a few generations old that girl. My 3 wheeler though, it rips big time. Red handle bars were a recent addition, but certainly make it go faster.
    JoshC good to see the old three wheeler around! Here's me thinking that they had been all banned for health and safety issues
    Nice air conditioned shed you have there to

  15. #30
    Member Boaraxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    So just more bureaucracy? Our a sorting procedure. Guess the end user is still paying though
    Yep more BS mate I guess it just makes it easier to point the finger if something go,s wrong but the stupid thing is I built the shed, lets say I didn't do it quite rite somewhere but the council inspector signs it off ...who,s accountable then

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Sheds
    By Dougie in forum Hunting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 23-08-2016, 03:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!