Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Sheds and/or garages.

Single pitch from 2.7 - 2.4 and continue past for 1m on 2.4 side for the firewood storage
    Werawhakaui?

Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

that was an option but would end up with less overall overhead space than a 15 degree 2-pitched roof with 2.4 stud height

That is true
    Werawhakaui?

Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

I built a two bay shed last year, 8m x 4m to replace an old one that'd rotted etc. Six poles, open front, but could fit roller doors in easy enough. It has enough room to fit quad, mountain bikes, lawnmowers, jet ski, dinghy etc in one side and the landcruiser in the other. Bought all the timber direct from the sawmill (douglas fir), poles are treated pine, the fixtures and fittings from a construction outfit in Auckland selling thru trademe (like 60% cheaper than placemakers here!) and got 2nd hand good condition iron off trademe for the walls and new stuff for the roof. I didn't pour a pad for it, laid a couple loads of rock, track rolled it and put a thick layer of screened river gravel down. Built it myself over a couple of weeks, with one days help of my cousin-in-law whos a builder. Took about 3 days to knock it up total. Had a mate come with his airless sprayer and painted it the same colour as our house roof. Total cost was less than $2800. Kit sets are a rip off.
    veitnamcam, Smiddy, Munsey and 2 others like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Pics josh?

my mate & i have almost finished a 3 bay got 2 walls left to cover ,flashing & gutter to put on, awesome project we did it in between hunting trips over the roar 13.5 long 9 deep with 1 meter overhang should be all finished at 8k including the gravel floor , got it through placemakers actually forgot the permit $860 .I was surprised to hear kitset sheds arnt really kit set just a pile of timber that still needs cut , I was wanting to buy direct from the mill down the road but seemly the council inspectors don't approve of timber that hasn't been stress tested or something along those lines .
    Name:  IMG_4157 (Copy).JPG
Views: 169
Size:  301.1 KB
    gadgetman, Smiddy and JoshC like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    puku, Wildman, Beaker and 1 others like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Couple of good looking sheds right there

Beaker likes this.
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    my mate & i have almost finished a 3 bay got 2 walls left to cover ,flashing & gutter to put on, awesome project we did it in between hunting trips over the roar 13.5 long 9 deep with 1 meter overhang should be all finished at 8k including the gravel floor , got it through placemakers actually forgot the permit $860 .I was surprised to hear kitset sheds arnt really kit set just a pile of timber that still needs cut , I was wanting to buy direct from the mill down the road but seemly the council inspectors don't approve of timber that hasn't been stress tested or something along those lines .
    Attachment 68272
    Stress tested? What every peace of timber coming out of a mill is stress tested?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post

I like the Blue truck you got there JoshC must have good MPG and awesome off road capabilities
    Beaker, 25/08IMP and screamO like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Stress tested? What every peace of timber coming out of a mill is stress tested?
    Something along those lines carnt remember exactly why but the mill owner talked me out of buying his timber as he had trouble getting a shed signed off , iv brought plenty direct before but he said when it comes to someone signing off on a consent for a shed it was much easier through the likes of placemakers or goldpine , I was using a placemakers design that there architect has drawn up so guess it all kind of swings around , funnily enough when the timber turned up it had the local mills stamp on it anyway !

I like the Blue truck you got there JoshC must have good MPG and awesome off road capabilities
    Nah mate she's a bit average offroad eh. Bald tyres, a few generations old that girl. My 3 wheeler though, it rips big time. Red handle bars were a recent addition, but certainly make it go faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Something along those lines carnt remember exactly why but the mill owner talked me out of buying his timber as he had trouble getting a shed signed off , iv brought plenty direct before but he said when it comes to someone signing off on a consent for a shed it was much easier through the likes of placemakers or goldpine , I was using a placemakers design that there architect has drawn up so guess it all kind of swings around , funnily enough when the timber turned up it had the local mills stamp on it anyway !
    So just more bureaucracy? Our a sorting procedure. Guess the end user is still paying though

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Nah mate she's a bit average offroad eh. Bald tyres, a few generations old that girl. My 3 wheeler though, it rips big time. Red handle bars were a recent addition, but certainly make it go faster.
    JoshC good to see the old three wheeler around! Here's me thinking that they had been all banned for health and safety issues
    Nice air conditioned shed you have there to

So just more bureaucracy? Our a sorting procedure. Guess the end user is still paying though
    Yep more BS mate I guess it just makes it easier to point the finger if something go,s wrong but the stupid thing is I built the shed, lets say I didn't do it quite rite somewhere but the council inspector signs it off ...who,s accountable then