MOTHERS DAY FACTS
The pink carnation is a gesture to honour a living mother, while a white carnation is worn to symbolize remembrance.
An AT&T Survey estimated that 122.5 million phone calls to Mom are made on mothers day, 11 percent never call their mothers and three percent of the 68% planning to ring up Mom, called her collect.
Mothers Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of February in Norway.
In India, Hindus celebrate the Divine Mother, Goddess Durga during the 10-day festival in October.
In Spain and Portugal, Mothers Day is closely linked to the church. December 8th is the day that tribute is paid to Virgin Mary and the day when children honour their mothers.
- In India, women wear rings in their noses to show they are married.
- Approximately 1.5 million Canadians are living with
- In many North African countries, children ride to school on donkeys.
- Extra is a person with a nonspeaking part in a movie
- Some Native Americans have two names, one of which is never made public because of the power it would give another person over them.
- Smith is the most common last name in the US
- Santa is called "Father Christmas" in UK
- Christmas was once Illegal in England.
- If you find a statue of a person on a Horse and the horse has both the front legs in the air, then the person died in a battle.