Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR


User Tag List

Like Tree11113Likes

Thread: Things you really Hate

  1. #5926
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Thornbury , Southland
    Posts
    491
    Yep , had that too , when cody a ( remember him , the tosser spotlighting possums out of a tree top hundred yards away with a 223 ) hit the buy now on a motorbike I was selling and then tried to negotiate time payment ........told him too and I get bad feed back ....little cocksucker
    Vegetarians Bah !! . If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat ! .

  2. #5927
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Thornbury , Southland
    Posts
    491
    AArgh ! there's another thing I hate ...... fuckin computer decides to update and shut down in the middle of me doing something .... without warning
    Vegetarians Bah !! . If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat ! .

  3. #5928
    Member Carpe Diem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    The foothills of the Waitak's
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerNZ View Post
    Yep, much the same as ME and Tapanui Flu.. The names tend to be used interchangeably. The illness varies a lot, from person to person, both in severity and combination of symptoms.
    Mate of mine was a multi-sporter who came down with this and, I agree is pretty much like having your legs and arms no longer within your control - feel useless and ya can't just say shut up legs and carry on - It just doesn't work. He also had issues with sleep so every time one of us went states-side we would grab big bottles of the over the counter Melatonin which was dead cheap over there to help out with that. Other stuff that worked was a journal - being a competitive bugger unless he had the journal he'd over do the exercise and as I bet you've found out and be back at square one - very annoying and finally - this is gonna sound a bit gay became a big believer in Tai Chi and Yoga as a controlled way he could slowly get back to exercising again.

    You've probably all heard it before but just incase you hadn't.. good luck with a recovery that ones a bitch of a roller coaster ride to be sure...
    StrikerNZ likes this.

  4. #5929
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    11,538
    @hamsav, I'm sensing a little bit of negativity today. You need to go out and positively bowl something over.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  5. #5930
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Thornbury , Southland
    Posts
    491
    Nah Gadgetman Im good , just catching up on things I hate which by their nature are usually not happy experiences , and the trade me thing really got me buzzing , and to be fair , if I had held my tongue a bit better I would have come out on top , but I told em what I thought of them , and Im not sorry I did , it seems TM will use that as an excuse not to get involved , I have 2 neg feed backs , both based on me reading someone their pedigree and 146 very positive feed backs , mostly mentioning honesty and being a good trader so I figure Im ok . I have not been out for a shot for over a year now and Im getting a bit keen , Dads place at Wanaka is crawling with rabbits ( no siege mentality there ) and Im off there for xmas , so I have a Browning 22h A-bolt that will be dusted off and hopefully some rabbits wont have such a good xmas ( got some Hornady ammo I have been waiting to try out )
    gadgetman and Tommy like this.
    Vegetarians Bah !! . If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat ! .

  6. #5931
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    11,538
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    Nah Gadgetman Im good , just catching up on things I hate which by their nature are usually not happy experiences , and the trade me thing really got me buzzing , and to be fair , if I had held my tongue a bit better I would have come out on top , but I told em what I thought of them , and Im not sorry I did , it seems TM will use that as an excuse not to get involved , I have 2 neg feed backs , both based on me reading someone their pedigree and 146 very positive feed backs , mostly mentioning honesty and being a good trader so I figure Im ok . I have not been out for a shot for over a year now and Im getting a bit keen , Dads place at Wanaka is crawling with rabbits ( no siege mentality there ) and Im off there for xmas , so I have a Browning 22h A-bolt that will be dusted off and hopefully some rabbits wont have such a good xmas ( got some Hornady ammo I have been waiting to try out )
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting the family away on the first holiday for a couple of years. Rifles and walking will be involved.
    Carpe Diem likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  7. #5932
    Member StrikerNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Canterbury
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    Mate of mine was a multi-sporter who came down with this and, I agree is pretty much like having your legs and arms no longer within your control - feel useless and ya can't just say shut up legs and carry on - It just doesn't work. He also had issues with sleep so every time one of us went states-side we would grab big bottles of the over the counter Melatonin which was dead cheap over there to help out with that. Other stuff that worked was a journal - being a competitive bugger unless he had the journal he'd over do the exercise and as I bet you've found out and be back at square one - very annoying and finally - this is gonna sound a bit gay became a big believer in Tai Chi and Yoga as a controlled way he could slowly get back to exercising again.

    You've probably all heard it before but just incase you hadn't.. good luck with a recovery that ones a bitch of a roller coaster ride to be sure...
    Yep, that was really what set this lot off, just overdoing things by that little bit. Thankfully seem to be picking up again now, strength coming back and moving more freely, just gotta take it easy for a while longer. I'm glad it's just a short spell this time.. never know if I'm gonna come right in a few days, or if it's back to bed rest for a few months or even longer.. Last couple nights with some hefty painkillers giving me some peace and a bit of decent sleep has helped immensely.

    Tai Chi and Yoga.. not for me, but taking up hunting has been a lifesaver in that regard. Just the perfect pacing, as even just going for a walk around the block or to the letterbox (big enough struggle for many years, and even still sometimes..) I'd be trying to push the limits, which is not ideal. With hunting, as you know, the pace is naturally slower, with plenty of rests and breaks, so has been perfect for just building my ability up gradually again over the last few years since picking up a rifle.
    mikee, Beaker and Carpe Diem like this.

  8. #5933
    Member Pengy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Up in da hills somewhere near Nelson
    Posts
    7,150
    partly rounded sump nut on the car
    Forgotmaboltagain

  9. #5934
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Thornbury , Southland
    Posts
    491
    or filling the sump with new oil ...........only to see a pool of expensive oil on the floor and the sump plug sitting in the middle of it ..............gotta remember to put it back in ( and I done it more than once )
    Pengy likes this.
    Vegetarians Bah !! . If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat ! .

  10. #5935
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    16,450
    Hayfever. In my nearly 40 years of suffering it this week is the worst ever for some reason.
    Have taken 3 times the recommended dose of 3 types of medication and the only mild relief I can get is sitting at home with all the windows and doors shut....which isnt earning me money
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  11. #5936
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    17,849
    This will sound stupid Cam but try the Hayfever Tissue Salts. I used to have epic hayfever and now don't even get it

    Comb H: Hayfever (125 Tablets) Schuessler Tissue Salts | Martin & Pleasance
    veitnamcam and stingray like this.
    Werawhakaui?

    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

  12. #5937
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    16,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    This will sound stupid Cam but try the Hayfever Tissue Salts. I used to have epic hayfever and now don't even get it

    Comb H: Hayfever (125 Tablets) Schuessler Tissue Salts | Martin & Pleasance
    At this point I would eat the arse out of a dead rat if I thought it would help.
    Will get the wife to sort that for me when she gets home.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  13. #5938
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    This will sound stupid Cam but try the Hayfever Tissue Salts. I used to have epic hayfever and now don't even get it

    Comb H: Hayfever (125 Tablets) Schuessler Tissue Salts | Martin & Pleasance
    Appears to be salt, fertiliser, and sand?

  14. #5939
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    16,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Appears to be salt, fertiliser, and sand?
    Yep, bought it anyway none of the drug companys offerings are doing anything.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  15. #5940
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    17,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Appears to be salt, fertiliser, and sand?
    And tissues
    Werawhakaui?

    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. couple of wee things
    By tui_man2 in forum Projects and Home Builds
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 15-10-2013, 06:27 PM
  2. Various things
    By gimp in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-04-2012, 11:28 AM
  3. To get things started
    By sneeze in forum Hunting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19-12-2011, 04:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!