Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

Like Tree11113Likes

Thread: Things you really Hate

Yep , had that too , when cody a ( remember him , the tosser spotlighting possums out of a tree top hundred yards away with a 223 ) hit the buy now on a motorbike I was selling and then tried to negotiate time payment ........told him too and I get bad feed back ....little cocksucker
    Vegetarians Bah !! . If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat ! .

AArgh ! there's another thing I hate ...... fuckin computer decides to update and shut down in the middle of me doing something .... without warning
    Vegetarians Bah !! . If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat ! .

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerNZ View Post
    Yep, much the same as ME and Tapanui Flu.. The names tend to be used interchangeably. The illness varies a lot, from person to person, both in severity and combination of symptoms.
    Mate of mine was a multi-sporter who came down with this and, I agree is pretty much like having your legs and arms no longer within your control - feel useless and ya can't just say shut up legs and carry on - It just doesn't work. He also had issues with sleep so every time one of us went states-side we would grab big bottles of the over the counter Melatonin which was dead cheap over there to help out with that. Other stuff that worked was a journal - being a competitive bugger unless he had the journal he'd over do the exercise and as I bet you've found out and be back at square one - very annoying and finally - this is gonna sound a bit gay became a big believer in Tai Chi and Yoga as a controlled way he could slowly get back to exercising again.

You've probably all heard it before but just incase you hadn't.. good luck with a recovery that ones a bitch of a roller coaster ride to be sure...
    StrikerNZ likes this.

@hamsav, I'm sensing a little bit of negativity today. You need to go out and positively bowl something over.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Nah Gadgetman Im good , just catching up on things I hate which by their nature are usually not happy experiences , and the trade me thing really got me buzzing , and to be fair , if I had held my tongue a bit better I would have come out on top , but I told em what I thought of them , and Im not sorry I did , it seems TM will use that as an excuse not to get involved , I have 2 neg feed backs , both based on me reading someone their pedigree and 146 very positive feed backs , mostly mentioning honesty and being a good trader so I figure Im ok . I have not been out for a shot for over a year now and Im getting a bit keen , Dads place at Wanaka is crawling with rabbits ( no siege mentality there ) and Im off there for xmas , so I have a Browning 22h A-bolt that will be dusted off and hopefully some rabbits wont have such a good xmas ( got some Hornady ammo I have been waiting to try out )
    gadgetman and Tommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    Nah Gadgetman Im good , just catching up on things I hate which by their nature are usually not happy experiences , and the trade me thing really got me buzzing , and to be fair , if I had held my tongue a bit better I would have come out on top , but I told em what I thought of them , and Im not sorry I did , it seems TM will use that as an excuse not to get involved , I have 2 neg feed backs , both based on me reading someone their pedigree and 146 very positive feed backs , mostly mentioning honesty and being a good trader so I figure Im ok . I have not been out for a shot for over a year now and Im getting a bit keen , Dads place at Wanaka is crawling with rabbits ( no siege mentality there ) and Im off there for xmas , so I have a Browning 22h A-bolt that will be dusted off and hopefully some rabbits wont have such a good xmas ( got some Hornady ammo I have been waiting to try out )
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting the family away on the first holiday for a couple of years. Rifles and walking will be involved.
    Carpe Diem likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    Mate of mine was a multi-sporter who came down with this and, I agree is pretty much like having your legs and arms no longer within your control - feel useless and ya can't just say shut up legs and carry on - It just doesn't work. He also had issues with sleep so every time one of us went states-side we would grab big bottles of the over the counter Melatonin which was dead cheap over there to help out with that. Other stuff that worked was a journal - being a competitive bugger unless he had the journal he'd over do the exercise and as I bet you've found out and be back at square one - very annoying and finally - this is gonna sound a bit gay became a big believer in Tai Chi and Yoga as a controlled way he could slowly get back to exercising again.

You've probably all heard it before but just incase you hadn't.. good luck with a recovery that ones a bitch of a roller coaster ride to be sure...
    Yep, that was really what set this lot off, just overdoing things by that little bit. Thankfully seem to be picking up again now, strength coming back and moving more freely, just gotta take it easy for a while longer. I'm glad it's just a short spell this time.. never know if I'm gonna come right in a few days, or if it's back to bed rest for a few months or even longer.. Last couple nights with some hefty painkillers giving me some peace and a bit of decent sleep has helped immensely.

Tai Chi and Yoga.. not for me, but taking up hunting has been a lifesaver in that regard. Just the perfect pacing, as even just going for a walk around the block or to the letterbox (big enough struggle for many years, and even still sometimes..) I'd be trying to push the limits, which is not ideal. With hunting, as you know, the pace is naturally slower, with plenty of rests and breaks, so has been perfect for just building my ability up gradually again over the last few years since picking up a rifle.
    mikee, Beaker and Carpe Diem like this.

partly rounded sump nut on the car
    Forgotmaboltagain

or filling the sump with new oil ...........only to see a pool of expensive oil on the floor and the sump plug sitting in the middle of it ..............gotta remember to put it back in ( and I done it more than once )
    Pengy likes this.

Hayfever. In my nearly 40 years of suffering it this week is the worst ever for some reason.
    Have taken 3 times the recommended dose of 3 types of medication and the only mild relief I can get is sitting at home with all the windows and doors shut....which isnt earning me money
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

This will sound stupid Cam but try the Hayfever Tissue Salts. I used to have epic hayfever and now don't even get it

Comb H: Hayfever (125 Tablets) Schuessler Tissue Salts | Martin & Pleasance
    veitnamcam and stingray like this.
    Werawhakaui?

Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    This will sound stupid Cam but try the Hayfever Tissue Salts. I used to have epic hayfever and now don't even get it

At this point I would eat the arse out of a dead rat if I thought it would help.
    Will get the wife to sort that for me when she gets home.

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post

Appears to be salt, fertiliser, and sand?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Yep, bought it anyway none of the drug companys offerings are doing anything.

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    And tissues
    Werawhakaui?

Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.