Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree9594Likes

Thread: Things you really Hate

Definitely stick to your guns and keep your standards. You'll feel happier about yourself and show that you are the 'bigger man'.
    puku and stingray like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Goodluck Ryan hope all goes well and a step up in the industry.. its a tough lark self employment but I'm sure you do it well..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    stingray and mrs dundee like this.

Not the best, but keep it professional. The dairy industry is very small when it comes to people knowing people. Don't get on that blacklist
    stingray likes this.

Keep good clean comms open wfor th the other party. It sounds like they are aware of the others issues and have tried to minimize that negative influence previously. Not to undermine the nasty one, but who knows where it may lead and it won't be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Not the best, but keep it professional. The dairy industry is very small when it comes to people knowing people. Don't get on that blacklist
    Dead right.

Look at the next six months as improving your C.V. Because sadly the last period of employment weights alot more than everything leading up to it.
    Munsey and bomber like this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    That's the thing, I'm leaving to work for myself basically, taking a step up and furthering myself. But this person has gone and got a whole swarm of bees under their bonnet about it. They are not usually involved in the farm fullstop and live elsewhere as they were told years back by the other shareholder that they upset everyone and now I see why. It's a pretty swift kick in the guts.
    Deal with the one who is remaining civil. Get them to control the other one.
    Unfortunately you don't really know what an individual is like until after all the deals have been done. You see a completely different person once money is involved.
    Good luck.
    How many cows are you taking on next season?
    mikee and norsk like this.

Rant from me I hate not being able to access Criminal records it should be a public record for the safety of us the public. I can't believe that we give offenders anonymity for the crimes they have committed.
    P38, mikee, Tommy and 1 others like this.

My son recently went through this. Worked for same manager for 7yrs on two different farms, was 2ic and told manager he was thinking bout trying to get a managers position. Manager dropped lip and started treating him like shit. The young fulla had built a good reputation of working extremely hard and looking after the staff and another farm snapped him up as soon as word got round. While working out his notice period the manager was an absolute c#$t, hounding him every day, threatening to sack him for anything and even trying to prevoke him into physical fights.
    mrs dundee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wsm junkie View Post
    My son recently went through this. Worked for same manager for 7yrs on two different farms, was 2ic and told manager he was thinking bout trying to get a managers position. Manager dropped lip and started treating him like shit. The young fulla had built a good reputation of working extremely hard and looking after the staff and another farm snapped him up as soon as word got round. While working out his notice period the manager was an absolute c#$t, hounding him every day, threatening to sack him for anything and even trying to prevoke him into physical fights.
    Im sure ya fella is doing well now...dont no why managers/employers are cunts when employees strive to better themselves

puku, wsm junkie, stingray and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post
    Im sure ya fella is doing well now...dont no why managers/employers are cunts when employees strive to better themselves

Yeh, he's happy as.
    The thing that impressed me is he didnt even know of the new farm. The owner contacted him on his reputation which i think is pretty cool seeing he's only 24
    Dundee, gadgetman, Pengy and 2 others like this.

Name:  DSC_0024.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  275.6 KBWhen you need to measure the thread pattern on a rifle for suppressing but have yet to get tape measure and rifle in the same place and remember in the last week anyone got ideas when there's no ruler to go off? Can't see to find the thread on 'whats the thread'
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Attachment 61597When you need to measure the thread pattern on a rifle for suppressing but have yet to get tape measure and rifle in the same place and remember in the last week anyone got ideas when there's no ruler to go off? Can't see to find the thread on 'whats the thread'
    I spotted a app on the Google Play Store the other day, that you took a pic of the thread and it tried to work it out for you. Can't remember the name, or if it works well, but try a search .....
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    I spotted a app on the Google Play Store the other day, that you took a pic of the thread and it tried to work it out for you. Can't remember the name, or if it works well, but try a search .....
    Hmmm found a few that will give you pics but can't find one that you can upload a photo to.... Will keep looking but what a damn fine idea cheers @Beaker

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Try "thread pitch", by smart tools. Seems to be the one I saw.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Try "thread pitch", by smart tools. Seems to be the one I saw.
    Gave up and gone for a new dpt, God excuse for a new one!!