Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree9502Likes

Thread: Things you really Hate

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I like.

Bloody hate Jandals....never met a pair I could wear without the sole pissing off sideways when I walked and my heal ending up on the ground or the toe tucking under and stubbing my toe,tripping me up and giving me blisters.

Flip flops as above tho are the bomb
    Croc's maybe?
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Croc's maybe?
    yep perfect for the dingy.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

No

Crocs are wrong and will always be wrong
    puku, gadgetman, Beaker and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    The opportunities are endless Beaker. Re thong, gumdals, brand new pair etc etc. Gumdals are all the rage in the Wairarapa.
    Jeez mate only in parts of the Wairarapa, those are a good set though, might have to try get me some!

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    No

Maybe not for the pub or your daughters wedding(unless it is in small boats) but definitely for boating.

If not for boating either show me a cheap as shit shoe thing that floats/stays on foot/does not hold water/protects from oysters/fishhooks/fish spikes.

Chicken Intolerant.

I'm getting married in September, only stipulation was that I don't have to wear shoes.... FREEDOM!
    Beaker likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Friends dont let friends wear crocs.

But just in case you feel an urge to have them, never ever get a pair of crocs too close to the camp fire. Like say you were going to nudge a log over but maybe the rum and coke was stronger than you thought so you like accidently stepped in the fire. It's like wearing a flaming marshmallow on your foot, and the only way to get it off is to combine the moves of Michael Jacksons moonwalking with that of a high kicking Ziegfeld girl and do the whole dance number in about 5 seconds. You do a couple of high kicks, but you realize the heel strap is connected so you do a couple of moonwalks, then try the high kick again. After about 80 or 90 high kicks in 10 seconds you finally fling the flaming sumbitch off into the woods and retrieve it, it's got so much gravel embedded in it you sound like some kind of crazy *** Fred Astaire on speed when you walk. Took me forever to finally get all the gravel out.

Crocs, no thanks
    veitnamcam, Pengy, Beaker and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PillowDribbler View Post
    Friends dont let friends wear crocs.

But just in case you feel an urge to have them, never ever get a pair of crocs too close to the camp fire. Like say you were going to nudge a log over but maybe the rum and coke was stronger than you thought so you like accidently stepped in the fire. It's like wearing a flaming marshmallow on your foot, and the only way to get it off is to combine the moves of Michael Jacksons moonwalking with that of a high kicking Ziegfeld girl and do the whole dance number in about 5 seconds. You do a couple of high kicks, but you realize the heel strap is connected so you do a couple of moonwalks, then try the high kick again. After about 80 or 90 high kicks in 10 seconds you finally fling the flaming sumbitch off into the woods and retrieve it, it's got so much gravel embedded in it you sound like some kind of crazy *** Fred Astaire on speed when you walk. Took me forever to finally get all the gravel out.

Crocs, no thanks
    Bahahahahahahaah

I dont think that is the fault of the croc
    Beaker likes this.

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    No

Unless they are camo!
    andyanimal31 likes this.

Hawkes Bay must be the nationwide breeding ground for bloody Suzuki Swifts, and they have a maximum speed of 40 kph. They belong at supermarket carparks and not on the road.
    7mmsaum likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Maybe not for the pub or your daughters wedding(unless it is in small boats) but definitely for boating.

If not for boating either show me a cheap as shit shoe thing that floats/stays on foot/does not hold water/protects from oysters/fishhooks/fish spikes.
    Apart from the oysters (and if they are inside, you have bigger issues...) and hooks, what's wrong with bare feet?

Side note, rock oysters are like bare razor blades. I just about needed additional blood, I certainly left a lot of DNA on the beach....
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by septic View Post
    Hawkes Bay must be the nationwide breeding ground for bloody Suzuki Swifts, and they have a maximum speed of 40 kph. They belong at supermarket carparks and not on the road.
    Better not tell my Wife she drives hers like a bloody racing cart....Actually I do too and it has embarrassed many "sports car" drivers on the local hills
    Beaker, oraki and 223nut like this.

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I'm getting married in September, only stipulation was that I don't have to wear shoes.... FREEDOM!
    You should just be thankful that she wants to marry you!
    Tommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Apart from the oysters (and if they are inside, you have bigger issues...) and hooks, what's wrong with bare feet?

Side note, rock oysters are like bare razor blades. I just about needed additional blood, I certainly left a lot of DNA on the beach....
    Dingy fishing often involves walking the boat usually over oysters(actually even my big boat often involves walking the boat) and 25 spikey dogs on the deck or a cuda/wee king thrashing a bloody great lure with two sets of trebbles around makes you wish you had steelcaps on.
    mikee likes this.

Chicken Intolerant.

Since @Pistov got a snapper spine in his foot, I always wear something on my happy feet when fishing
    Forgotmaboltagain