Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Very sad but at least it was the gun's fault

He didn't find it the letter box one morning, where did he get it, why did he keep it? He knew it was loaded, still pointed it at his kid, that's all you really need to know about this sad excuse really. The really really limp thing is, he's going to get get under 3 years actual time (take bets here), and he'll be seen as a semi victim in his circle of friends (accidents happen eh?)

The real worry is that there are thousands like him.
    Hunt4life and MightyBoosh like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Pity it didn't blow his ballsack off when he had it tucked into his pants.
    223nut likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    He didn't find it the letter box one morning, where did he get it, why did he keep it? He knew it was loaded, still pointed it at his kid, that's all you really need to know about this sad excuse really. The really really limp thing is, he's going to get get under 3 years actual time (take bets here), and he'll be seen as a semi victim in his circle of friends (accidents happen eh?)

The real worry is that there are thousands like him.
    and the fuk head has bread as well

Bring in torture I say. "Where did you get the gun? From who exactly?" More people responsible than just this shit stain and as a society we should be demanding a witch hunt right up the chain every time one of these guns is found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gadgetman, Boaraxa and 223nut like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt4life View Post
    Bring in torture I say. "Where did you get the gun? From who exactly?" More people responsible than just this shit stain and as a society we should be demanding a witch hunt right up the chain every time one of these guns is found

That is the most stupid thing I've read on this forum to date. The obvious answer is to make it more difficult for law abiding, fit and proper licensed firearms owners.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    That is the most stupid thing I've read on this forum to date. The obvious answer is to make it more difficult for law abiding, fit and proper licensed firearms owners.
    I think you've missed my point gadgetman. But now that you've brought my attention to how my suggestion could be interpreted, fair comment.
    This losers defence is that he didn't think it worked and didn't know it was loaded. My point being that if he didn't cut it down and load it himself, 'where did he get it from?' Who cut the gun down?

gadgetman likes this.

I think you've missed my point gadgetman. But now that you've brought my attention to how my suggestion could be interpreted, fair comment.
    This losers defence is that he didn't think it worked and didn't know it was loaded. My point being that if he didn't cut it down and load it himself, 'where did he get it from?' Who cut the gun down?

I think we're on the same page mate. Just looking at the Police union boss's idea.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I think we're on the same page mate. Just looking at the Police union boss's idea.
    Yep. But I'm tired and should go to bed before I make any more less than thought out comments

Yep. But I'm tired and should go to bed before I make any more less than thought out comments

You can't be too tired, your comments seem bloody well thought out to me. If only we could get those in charge of sorting these issues to action them.

saw the gun on the news tonight it a sawn off single barrel large exposed hammer weapon.
    pistol grip taped so the metal the stock would have bolted to doent hurt the hands.
    heres my question as far as i know they arent double action.
    ie they have to be cocked with the thumb then decocked by a thumb on the hammer then releasing the trigger??
    its the model with a metal bit you depress to open rather than a lever you push across.
    are you mr lawyer trying to tell me he didnt know the gun was cocked when he pointed it.
    what??? the kids that found it and were playing round with a loaded cocked gun and he took it off them like that???
    make the use of a weapon in a crime a cosecutive seperate sentence.
    the longest bieng for the use of a firearm even more if ita an illegaly held one.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    As extreme right wing as I am I am feeling a little left leaning today so I am prepared to suggest a more lenient sentence of hanging, drawing and quartering for the offender on this occasion.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

He clearly threw a tantrum like a child and deliberately the gun at his daughter, whether he knew it was loaded or not I beg to differ. Shame on him using his dead daughter as a "scapegoat" for a defense on "I didn't know it was loaded bullshit or functioned properly"

Absolute madness.

i think that illegal use of a firearm should carry minimum sentences eg carry a weapon to a crime automatic 3 years no parole ,discharge the weapon 5 years no parole then more if anyone is injured and all sentences to be consectutive and judges cant reduce sentences.excuse spelling I only went to school to eat my lunch.

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    what sort of muppet point a gun at a kids head ?
    Many people won't like this, but it seems to me many of these people are on the spectrum between not very smart to fully brain dead. Honestly people like this are a danger to themselves and others and shouldn't be allowed to roam free in society.

Unbelievably stupid.

The bit I don't get is that the police ( or at least the crown prosecutor ) seem to be very understanding. Anyone so wreakless with a fire arm should be charged with murder. And , yeah , where did he get it , who chopped it , exposed hammer ...... didn't know......... This is so much bullshit . How come the cops are not throwing everything they have at him . ( something smells bad here , who is he related to ? ). Just another lying xxxxxx who kills another baby and thinks we are all dumb enough to believe any old shit he says. Bet he gets home D
    gsp follower likes this.
    Vegetarians Bah !! . If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat ! .