Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree405Likes

Thread: Weight and fitness

R93
    I only liked the post coz of the blonde😆

Na good shit man.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I only liked the post coz of the blonde��

Na good shit man.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HAHAHHAHAHHA "snort" oops! lol

For me what I have been doing for the last six month is a type of intermittent fasting , it works by you not eating anything for at least 16hrs a day. At the moment my last feed(and biggest) is at about 6pm then generally I will eat again the following day at smoko(12:30ish).
    As it stands I seem to easily have enough energy to dig,chainsaw,scrub bar, walk 10kms into a hut etc before my first meal of the day.
    You can have black coffee/tea in the morning and occasionally if for my job if I am doing something considerably more strenuous I may have a more carb based feed earlier in the day.
    By eating this way for a while I have learnt that having sugar is a bad substitute for eating some tuna or venison, it is really hard to avoid sugary tucker.
    Another benefit is it's heaps cheaper not eating three largish meals a day, good on my salary
    I my opinion also measurement(around the gut?butt etc) are more important than weight loss, muscle weighs more than fat and of course burns calories.
    As spudattack said once you lose a bit it all gains momentum it just gets easier
    Good luck.
    Pengy likes this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Chuck a link up bud, there's a few here with buggered knees.
    My problem was pain in the centre of the knee after walking a km or two. It was worse when walking downhill. It was painful to the point where I could barely walk, though it would fade after a few hours and I'd be pretty much okay after 48h. The problem was similar to "runner's knee", but physios were thrown off by central knee pain as it's usually on the outside of the knee. One Correctly identified the issue as an underutilised gluteus medius muscle (side of the arse) and gave me the correct exercises to do, but didn't explain how to do them correctly and so all it did was strengthen the wrong muscles.

This video in particular was the eureka moment, where he describes how to diagnose the issue and correctly work the muscle. The guy is a cycle physio but the problem isn't specific to cyclists at all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJLFyIi5eqc

Trying the exercise after watching this video for the first time, I couldn't even work out how to tense the gluteus medius muscle. It was like my brain didn't know it existed. After about 20 minutes I figured out how to get it to tense, but it was so weak that I couldn't lift my knee off my other knee without compensating with the other muscles he talks about.

Part 1-4 are all worth watching if relevant, as is this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF-1qGEe6lE
    Last edited by Jack_; 04-09-2016 at 01:50 PM.
    199p and Tuidog like this.

Cheers for the info and links Jack, a lot of that is relevant to my son in law and myself, Time to try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugbait View Post
    For me what I have been doing for the last six month is a type of intermittent fasting , it works by you not eating anything for at least 16hrs a day. At the moment my last feed(and biggest) is at about 6pm then generally I will eat again the following day at smoko(12:30ish).
    As it stands I seem to easily have enough energy to dig,chainsaw,scrub bar, walk 10kms into a hut etc before my first meal of the day.
    You can have black coffee/tea in the morning and occasionally if for my job if I am doing something considerably more strenuous I may have a more carb based feed earlier in the day.
    By eating this way for a while I have learnt that having sugar is a bad substitute for eating some tuna or venison, it is really hard to avoid sugary tucker.
    Another benefit is it's heaps cheaper not eating three largish meals a day, good on my salary
    I my opinion also measurement(around the gut?butt etc) are more important than weight loss, muscle weighs more than fat and of course burns calories.
    As spudattack said once you lose a bit it all gains momentum it just gets easier
    Good luck.
    I saw this approach documented in a uk tv doco recently. They were aiming to prove it had far bigger health benefits than just weight loss.
    I am going to give it a go. Just need to cut the beers down/out first.
    Forgotmaboltagain

@Gapped axe
    Why are you thanking me ?
    Forgotmaboltagain

You haven't told him your not coming to the Sika show, he was looking forward to it!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

i wish i had buggered "knees"
    puku, 199p, Savage1 and 9 others like this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

I am at 97kg, could easily loose 10 to 15 kg. I used to be 79kg in the army!
    I kitesurf once a week on average and try to go for a day hunt at least twice a month.
    I definitely need to eat less sugar and carbs if I want to loose weight. And get back on the bicycle after work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I saw this approach documented in a uk tv doco recently. They were aiming to prove it had far bigger health benefits than just weight loss.
    I am going to give it a go. Just need to cut the beers down/out first.
    Yeah Pengy there are claims to that effect.
    I think life is to short to give up the beers, and that's where this way of eating works for me in that for that one big meal at the end of the day I can eat what I want and beer could easily be added.
    Up until that big meal I have had maybe 400cal so I would have to really be stuffing it in to get another 2400cal.
    Works for me but getting into the routine was a bit tough after 45years of three a day.
    cheers

I have never done 3 a day in 54 years
    Bugbait likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain

coupla comments from wise men
    son maybe hard work never killed anyone -but then again -why take chances

two things in life ya never trust =a skinny chef and a skinny thoroughbred stallion
    like a lot of you blokes im too fond of the left arm pressup,but my grey matter -well i keeps that honed
    .at 122kg ,my last wee round of two for a pound or two found me and a cobber confronting a young bloke completely off the planet -his knuckles caught my cheek before 122 kgs was round his neck like a hungry pitbull-taken down with a great weight on his mind.Im old fashioned as as nurse we're trained to handle this and so i do
    -a lot of our younger tertiary educated call in overworked under resourced policemen &women!
    modern mental health -wow

You lot are not playing fair. I eat three plus square meals a day and still cannot seem to gain weight. Think I need some exercise to build up some muscle but I'm always weary that building up the strength again will lead me to, yet again, overload the weakened frame. There is that fine line/balance I have to lightly tread.
    Beaker likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

im on a permanent seefood diet
    Gerbs likes this.
    #BallisticFists