Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: What would you do?????

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Not defending or condoning anything here, but the report does say that on arrival at the vehicle, the two alleged car thieves were standing near the work vehicle. The owner and his mate then gave them a beating.
    Now if the car had not been broken into or stolen, I guess the cops saw it as an unprovoked attack on a couple of blokes standing near a car. Again, intent very hard to prove.

Maybe the car owner should of held off till mr scumbag and his mate actually got into the vehicle, then dished out some street justice
    A good friend who I know very well with no reason to doubt his word had thieves breaking into cars outside his rented abode. He rang the cops and was told there is no cops in the area, When he suggested there was 7 of his mates inside on the bourbons and three of the crims outside breaking into cars and they could probably detain them until they could attend they were told to do no such thing or they would face charges.....they shooed them off and while doing so saw the cop car less than 200y down the road issuing traffic tickets to a lowered car.FFS! no cops in the area yea right.

There was firearms stolen including MSSA from the address a few weeks later, cops managed to attend that one all be it 12 hours later.
    @Savage1 I have met you....you seem like a reasonable guy.

The gang you have joined needs change and that will only come from within its ranks.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

should take a private prosecution against the judge

Should have put a stocking over there heads then beat the puss out of the thieves , play them at there own game !
    bomber likes this.

insert head thru side window of car, wind window up trapping offenders head then a drive of varying speeds to the cop shop. (for extra sadism, remove their footwear too)
    Boaraxa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    A good friend who I know very well with no reason to doubt his word had thieves breaking into cars outside his rented abode. He rang the cops and was told there is no cops in the area, When he suggested there was 7 of his mates inside on the bourbons and three of the crims outside breaking into cars and they could probably detain them until they could attend they were told to do no such thing or they would face charges.....they shooed them off and while doing so saw the cop car less than 200y down the road issuing traffic tickets to a lowered car.FFS! no cops in the area yea right.

There was firearms stolen including MSSA from the address a few weeks later, cops managed to attend that one all be it 12 hours later.
    @Savage1 I have met you....you seem like a reasonable guy.

The gang you have joined needs change and that will only come from within its ranks.
    I've seen it time and time again and been involved with similar things, but like you say.....the gang they work for (sorry in this case it is the police and acutely it runs all the way to the lawyers and judges).....(and yes I do respect police (men and women and know a few). But please don't tell me its all about funding and not enough of it for these crimes!

People like Judge S will ruin this country. I just cant believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Not defending or condoning anything here, but the report does say that on arrival at the vehicle, the two alleged car thieves were standing near the work vehicle. The owner and his mate then gave them a beating.
    Now if the car had not been broken into or stolen, I guess the cops saw it as an unprovoked attack on a couple of blokes standing near a car. Again, intent very hard to prove.

Maybe the car owner should of held off till mr scumbag and his mate actually got into the vehicle, then dished out some street justice
    Don't be so reasonable, you're talking to the lynch mob here. Beat the fuck out of someone? "uh... he was trying to break into my car!!" is a great excuse. Or maybe not

There is no indication that the victim has been charged or convicted of anything, and yet you're willing to hang him based on some of the above comments based entirely on a shitty biased NZ Herald article that is clearly trying to lead the readers to the conclusion that the perpetrator of the assault has been hard done by. It's an absolutely terrible and disgusting piece of "journalism" that isn't objective in the slightest and isn't even trying to be truthful

It's also from 2015.

And if you google "Ethan Annett" (the assaulter) you get

Drunken joyride in stolen car admitted | Stuff.co.nz

"Ethan Jay Annett, 17, unemployed, of Springlands, admitted breaking into a vehicle and burglary. He was remanded until June 11 for sentencing." From 2012

Burnouts in the picnic area | Stuff.co.nz

"Ethan Jay Annett, 19, appeared in the Blenheim District Court on Tuesday charged with sustained loss of traction in a car."

So it seems like our poor bloke who beat the fuck out of someone and hospitalised them is no stranger to the courts previously.

"Drunken criminal shithead kid beats fuck out of some rando at a party, claims they were trying to break into his car with no evidence as justification to try get out of it"

- Probably more correct news article that will never appear

Moral of the story: For Fucks Sake Don't Believe Anything You Read On Stuff.co.nz (or the whale oil blog which I assume is the source of dredging up this 2 year old "news" since they dredged it up 3 hours ago to get some more clicks on their shit to boost their advertising revenue)

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    There is no indication that the victim has been charged or convicted of anything, and yet you're willing to hang him based on some of the above comments based entirely on a shitty biased NZ Herald article that is clearly trying to lead the readers to the conclusion that the perpetrator of the assault has been hard done by. It's an absolutely terrible and disgusting piece of "journalism" that isn't objective in the slightest and isn't even trying to be truthful
    While I completely agree with your Coment I think the biggest issue, whether it's true or not is that alot of people could actually see the system coming up with the same outcome.

Thats great!
    Nobody actually stole my car,jetski,another car, house keys and all sorts of other stuff.

Everything is fine nothing to see here ay Gimp as long as you are payed by the govt shees alll good
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Thats great!
    Nobody actually stole my car,jetski,another car, house keys and all sorts of other stuff.

Everything is fine nothing to see here ay Gimp as long as you are payed by the govt shees alll good
    That's irrelevant to this particular case where we're all jumping at the gun to hang some bloke on the basis of 4 paragraphs of unbelievably crap media article. I'm not denying that property crime exists or is a problem, I'm suggesting that perhaps we should apply critical thinking to anything in the media because it is largely biased sensationalist shit written by morons. Further reading: any news article about firearms.

I'm hardly pro-government (regardless of who is in charge); however I'm quite pro-"using your brain".