Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 2013 Hangawera Station Sniper shoot

Dont worry Gillie there was more than one ego crushed on Saturday LOL Who won the jungle lane?
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Haven't heard the Jungle Lane results. The jungle lane was hard though... after 6 or so shooters having gone through there were still targets that hadn't been shot cause nobody (including the RO) even saw them.

It was great catching up with a few people. I discussed a couple of shoots i have coming up with some people there and picked up some really great ideas.

What, no enfields, mosins or mausers etc sporting mighty 4x fixed power scopes.

this year there were none of the old bangers

Ah well maybe next time, would be nice to see some WW2 bangers in action. Going to shoot this old girl next weekend hopefully, 1937 vintage.Name:  P1010391.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  317.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Tell your mates they have a parasite on one of their S&Bs. Looks like a fucking ugly BORS might have infested it.
    Yes it just sits there looking ugly, - but (correctly programmed) is always right on the money. I use a Kestrel 4500 (for windage) and it always agrees with ugly old Boris

Point at the target (any angle), turn the elevation until the range reading is correct and focus on the taking the shot using that marksmanny stuff...

Works in the pouring hard rain, adjusts for cosine & environment on the fly

AND you want it to look pretty?

Savage1, Nzgunner and Link like this.

Yep on top of that semi...super fast! (and accurate). Now if they could just build a wind meter into it...

Some great pics there El B well done guys Wash that lense aye that bloody dot
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Shooters in shorts and t-shirts... just doesn't happen here
    Three wool sweaters plus down jacket today...

Is it the BORS or IEA ballistic computer? If it works well, my bet is the IEA BC01...

Quote Originally Posted by Mere Simpleton View Post
    Yes it just sits there looking ugly, - but (correctly programmed) is always right on the money. I use a Kestrel 4500 (for windage) and it always agrees with ugly old Boris

Point at the target (any angle), turn the elevation until the range reading is correct and focus on the taking the shot using that marksmanny stuff...

Works in the pouring hard rain, adjusts for cosine & environment on the fly

AND you want it to look pretty?

I purchased a Bors several years ago and it's installed on a NF scope & 300wm, bloody brilliant, so much so I got another one and fitted it on an identical scope but on another 300wm.
    I don't reload personally but have someone do it for me, both rifles have seperate reloads. Only thing I need to figure out is windage.
    Both bought on the interweb from the US at half of what they were selling for here at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Norway View Post
    Shooters in shorts and t-shirts... just doesn't happen here
    Three wool sweaters plus down jacket today...

Is it the BORS or IEA ballistic computer? If it works well, my bet is the IEA BC01...
    The BC01 is similar and has the advantage of using G1, G7 BC data, Its windage function allows you to enter windage & direction and it tells you what the windage turrett should be turned too and offsets the elevation for Earth rotational, magnus etc.

Remember all of the calculations are done by the computer software; what is downloaded into the hardened unit is simply multiple drop tables for each firearm and the enviromental variations/pitch angle offset the table you are using at the time. I haven't seen the BC01 software to comment - hopefully it doesn't just come in German?

The Barrett software is good but does not support multiple BCs in the current version; although its data format does allow the droplist to be edited with a Hex Editor before downloading if you want to operate in the post transonic zones. If you are not that geeky then create two gun profiles - I used to use for the little Grendel one up to 800m (BC=.570) and one 800-1200m (BC=520) and just quickly switch between them. The 100m zero is retained for each gun profile, so with a good QD mount (Recknagle) I can move the whole thing quickly to the .338 and select its BORS profile without loss of zero, so no need to buy multiple optics for each gun.

One additional factor to consider, although not even mentioned by Barrett is that the electronics are housed in a double faraday enclosure - so you have good EMP protection (if you worry about those things).

It also says "BARRETT" on it - which is always a good thing...
    Last edited by Mere Simpleton; 14-02-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    Nzgunner likes this.

Couple of pictures of my partner shooting the jungle lane event with a borrowed AR
    Last edited by Spanners; 25-02-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    Bryan likes this.

Thats a mean looking girly rifle
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Matt Ryan won the Jungle lane, after Range officering all but one shooter all day he was the last shooter, with a time of 5.00 minutes and No penalties. Awesome. Course he knew where all the targets were by then.

Quote Originally Posted by pistolero View Post
    Matt Ryan won the Jungle lane, after Range officering all but one shooter all day he was the last shooter, with a time of 5.00 minutes and No penalties. Awesome. Course he knew where all the targets were by then.
    hhahha the rotter eh!