Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: An accuracy challenge

Quote Originally Posted by suthy View Post
    Weather is mint this morning so I got the HMR out to shoot some groups. I thought it would go close as it had grouped very well in the past but I'd never put 5x groups down back to back.
    Factory rifle and factory CCI 17gr TNT ammo @ 104m.
    Attachment 72619Attachment 72620Attachment 72621
    Not bad for a rimfire aye!
    Nice mate, what scope are you running on this?
    Excellent at that range, I am yet to validate on paper at over 100 but have already tipped over a rabbit with one shot at 179m using a slight holdover (guess).
    Dan M

Yea it's a great wee calibre, I think there would be quite a few factory rifles out there that would be able to do this but as you can see on the target it is effected by wind a lot more than heavier rounds. Only downside to mine is it doesn't like the VMAX as much as it likes the TNT's.

It's just got a vortex diamondback 4-12 bdc on it so nothing flash however it does seem to dial alright although I've never dialed up more than 5.5 MOA with it.

I suck
    Name:  IMG_4379.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  530.5 KB

Yeah but at least your shooting isn't to bad
    veitnamcam and Gibo like this.

Good day aye Gibo Ha Ha

Prick of a day, i really do need to stay away from any sort of attempted accuracy shooting with a hang over, idiot

What shall i call this kind of shooting? does "break the line" count as a hit or miss???

Name:  fullsizeoutput_5afb.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  183.3 KB

NOTE!!! The first shot at the 1/2 MOA icon i was aiming at the 3/4 MOA, so nothing more fair than keep shooting the 1/2…
    veitnamcam and Shearer like this.

R93
    Had a go at this with my .223 today. Called every shot as good but my cross hair covered the the 1/2 MOA marks even on 15x
    My bad eyes probably don't help.

I shot it on 10x. Would have been a nice group and would appear my zero was out a fraction but I checked velocity on a 6 rnd group a bit before and all 6 went bang on but around the same height off center.
    Dumb game this one

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam and PERRISCICABA like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

[QUOTE=R93;621690]Had a go at this with my .223 today. Called every shot as good but my cross hair covered the the 1/2 MOA marks even on 15x

I shot it on 10x. Would have been a nice group and would appear my zero was out a fraction but I checked velocity on a 6 rnd group a bit before and all 6 went bang on but around the same height off center.
    Dumb game this one

@R93, it is a "dumb" game but it is fun! It is how we "catch ourselves" doing thing for a "good cause"… I am 100% sure i had 2 big flukes on my shooting… Sometimes "just" a bit of "canting" can change "that" much the POI…
    Keep the good work!

Mac

I was pretty keen to give the dumb game a go today until a certain ^^^ smart ass made me look silly , its so much easier shooting deer you no the shot could be a few inches off but hey dead deer , on paper it looks so much worse as if that wasn't bad enough the said smart ass had to start shooting things 728M away
    R93, PERRISCICABA and 223nut like this.

R93
    [QUOTE=PERRISCICABA;621701]
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Had a go at this with my .223 today. Called every shot as good but my cross hair covered the the 1/2 MOA marks even on 15x

Dumb game this one

@R93, it is a "dumb" game but it is fun! It is how we "catch ourselves" doing thing for a "good cause"… I am 100% sure i had 2 big flukes on my shooting… Sometimes "just" a bit of "canting" can change "that" much the POI…
    Keep the good work!

Mac
    Good thinking. Most likely a canting issue. I was playing around with some .38 sp loads in my. 357 while the barrel cooled on the .223 after the first group I fired while velocity testing.

I think I remember lining up with the straight lines on the target which were not level without a second thought. Rookie error.
    I was also shooting off a bench which I rarely do so I was thinking I may have changed my position slightly after the first shot.

PERRISCICABA and Mathias like this.

Excuses excuses
    mikee likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Excuses excuses
    I will remember that for after the game tonite

Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I will remember that for after the game tonite

Good, you'll need them

Offset aside, very nice grouping if you put the shots all together.

Unlikely to to be canting though isn't it at 100yds when the bullet fall is only 70-80mm. 10-15mm to the left would require the rifle to be rotated by 10 degrees. There must be some other reason for a change in zero, and as you say shooting position is always enough when you're operating down at sub-MOA.
    veitnamcam, Gibo and PERRISCICABA like this.