Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: An accuracy challenge

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    The shooting culture in NZ is weird.

For a website titled "hunting and shooting" and a thread in the "shooting" section, people seems strangely upset by the idea of actually shooting.

I think that the skill of shooting is widely overlooked by the "She'll be right" NZ hunter, probably because it's not necessary for what they do.

Edit: now we're sort of on a different subject entirely than what the original post was, which was "ok, you say your rifle shoots sub "moa" consistently, prove it then"
    Who has said that and what is the criteria for a sub moa shooter? I take it its not 3 shot groups
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

No-one in particular said "my rifle shoots XX" specifically causing me to make this thread.

Post several consistent 3 round groups if you like. Just don't post "well my rifle shoots consistently less than half MOA" and then a single 3-shot group or worse nothing at all to back it up.

No-one in particular said "my rifle shoots XX" specifically causing me to make this thread.

Post several consistent 3 round groups if you like. Just don't post "well my rifle shoots consistently less than half MOA" and then a single 3-shot group or worse nothing at all to back it up.
    Ok point taken.I definatly dont have anymore interlock and might have some belmont somewhere hopefully. Otherwise Im sure i can post you some sub moa barnes or amax groups shot prone off a rock It is a long weekend after all so should fit it in

I've got a new .308 as of yesterday, if shes a sub MOA shooter I'm gonna take a heap of photos just for gimp

It will be its a 308

Well iv only got 30 rounds left and im 3 weeks away from my reloading bench so im not puting a heap of 280ai through a piee of paper to prove what I already know but will these satisfy?
    600yds trying to sort the wind , nice and constant but some directions have a significant verticle component.
    Shot the top and bottom shot then dialed 1//2 moa right as i feared it might miss the plate.
    Name:  012.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  26.6 KB

A few days latter still at 600
    Name:  013.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  24.8 KB

Few more days at 800yds,first shot was low so dialed up 1/2 moa and shot 3.The round is 3.3in long. just one group per day, cleaned after each outing.
    Name:  017.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  24.7 KB

The amax never shot worse than .7 counting all flyers and duffed shots during load development
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Here is a bad video I made. Shooting this morning. Need to get a better editing program

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Damn, I'm sure I have a one hole group around here somewhere , and I didn't waste any more than one shot doing it.
    Question.... If you have a 6.5mm bullet and all your bullets go in the one hole, does that mean you have a .264" group.
    Seems harsh, especially if you do it with a 45-70.
    Eat Meater likes this.

What's up with the attitude that actually shooting is a waste?
    Ultimitsu likes this.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Shooting is not a waste, I like shooting, however on some days it a toss up whether I would rather shoot or wind you up.
    Hard choice sometimes.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    Shooting is not a waste, I like shooting, however on some days it a toss up whether I would rather shoot or wind you up.
    Hard choice sometimes.

Shooting is easier

Here is a bad video I made. Shooting this morning. Need to get a better editing program

Looks windy.

AB Precision

+1

so yo done a 2 shot group.........................

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    If you've got the right twist rate and consistent speeds then an accurate load at 100 should be an accurate load further out. Load testing at 400 meters would be somewhat ridiculous due to wind etc.

If it's shit at 100 it's never going to be good further out. Your angular dispersion isn't going to improve once the bullet has left the rifle. If you're getting "better" results (in angular terms) at longer ranges than 100 meters it's parallax or something.
    Blahahaha, As usual Gimp you got the wrong end of the stick ( actually I think you got the end with shit on it ) I do'nt load test at 4hundy I do it at a hundy like most people, then always test & sight the load Ive choosen at 200.

must admit though that I do'nt shoot as much as I would like to, I surpose it's all about making yourself find the time

Fuck a bit slow, I would of blasted that plate with a dozen rounds out the Shorttrac in the time it took ya to shoot those two
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Shooting is easier
    I think most of the people reading this thread would come to the contrary conclusion
    veitnamcam likes this.