Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: AR15 shell cases not extracting

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    i bet you never get hemorrhoids either since you are a perfect asshole
    The correct spelling is arsehole. We are not in America.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    2 days back and you're already being a cock. Just fuck off dude.
    Happy, northdude, stretch and 1 others like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post

Some of us are.

Cheers
    Pete
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

northdude
    Don't encourage the fuk head
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    Get the chamber/bolt checked with a GO gauge. I don't use small base dies and have never had an issue. What brand is the gun (or the BCG and barrel if it's a parts gun)?
    It's a Core 15/magpul so it's probably made up of different parts. It should still function properly though. It's very accurate & have flattened turkeys out @ 300+yds with 62gn FMJ's(lasered distance). I'll take it to a gunsmith to have the chamber checked. The other cause I thought would be dirty shell cases but they're as clean as I can get them.
    Thanks for your advice.
    Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tararua Phil View Post
    It's a Core 15/magpul so it's probably made up of different parts. It should still function properly though. It's very accurate & have flattened turkeys out @ 300+yds with 62gn FMJ's(lasered distance). I'll take it to a gunsmith to have the chamber checked. The other cause I thought would be dirty shell cases but they're as clean as I can get them.
    Thanks for your advice.
    Phil.
    Make sure the Gunsmith is familiar with the AR15 Platform, some have less than no idea believe me.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tararua Phil View Post
    Thanks for your advice.
    Phil.
    Has it always done it? Does it do it with factory loads. How many times has your brass been loaded? I'm 95% sure a small base die will fix your problem. I had they same problem with one of my AR uppers. The same load and cases would run fine through 4 different uppers but would not extract a non fired round easily on the problematic upper. Switched to using a small base die (redding in my case) and problem solved.
    P38 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NZShoota View Post
    Has it always done it? Does it do it with factory loads. How many times has your brass been loaded? I'm 95% sure a small base die will fix your problem. I had they same problem with one of my AR uppers. The same load and cases would run fine through 4 different uppers but would not extract a non fired round easily on the problematic upper. Switched to using a small base die (redding in my case) and problem solved.

Thanks for that. I'll get the gunsmith to look @ it then go from there. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Sometimes the rifle loads & fires ok then a round won't slam home so I have to resort to the knife handle job to try to extract it. Even the ones I've reloaded from the AR's previous firings won't fit again sometimes.