Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: Auckland shooting club membership fees

I just paid.

After being involved in building a range from a flat paddock, I understand the design/cert constraints, and cost there of.
    This range is ALOT bigger, and they have confirmed scope and vision - all costs money.

For me, I think the price is very reasonable, considering the opening times and what will be available. It's going to be a fantastic facility, and will hopefully get to host a alot of new shoots and comps. Masters games as a example.

Well done to the team behind it all, and I look forward to sending some lead down range
    Ryan, Tommy and Glycerine like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
    I got my invite and asked for it to be passed to the next in line.
    Don't have any guns here in Auckland - yet.

Will sign up on the next intake and start working on my pistol license..... sometime.
    I've done the same. If it was located south of Auckland I would have joined and gone for the B Cat training but I'm mainly after somewhere to shoot my rifles. $575 for a year and an 1 1/2 hour drive to shoot under 50m doesn't add up. Waiuku's a hell of a lot less.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    I just paid.

After being involved in building a range from a flat paddock, I understand the design/cert constraints, and cost there of.
    This range is ALOT bigger, and they have confirmed scope and vision - all costs money.

For me, I think the price is very reasonable, considering the opening times and what will be available. It's going to be a fantastic facility, and will hopefully get to host a alot of new shoots and comps. Masters games as a example.

Well done to the team behind it all, and I look forward to sending some lead down range
    I have some pistols you can used Beaker. Ha ha ha ha
    Beaker, Tommy and 300CALMAN like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I have some pistols you can used Beaker. Ha ha ha ha
    And I may take you up on that offer!

I hope you've been using them
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

And I may take you up on that offer!

I hope you've been using them
    No I haven't but might give the Nines a run this weekend.
    Beaker likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    No I haven't but might give the Nines a run this weekend.
    Give them heaps and don't clean them!

Watch the trigger and hammer on that grey one....... it's rather nice...... it shows that 6 fingered coasters May know a thing or 2 - or maybe can just hold a stone better.....
    wheels likes this.

Watch the trigger and hammer on that grey one....... it's rather nice...... it shows that 6 fingered coasters May know a thing or 2 - or maybe can just hold a stone better.....
    geezzz it sounds like everyone has some of your guns... i feel left out

R93

I did your trigger with a grinder😆

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Beaker likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I did your trigger with a grinder��

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    And why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    geezzz it sounds like everyone has some of your guns... i feel left out
    He's like a nomadic gun squirrel, caching them all over the place hahahahaha
    Beaker and Glycerine like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    He's like a nomadic gun squirrel, caching them all over the place hahahahaha
    Actually, do you some spare safe space?

Actually, do you some spare safe space?
    Me or C? I have a bit, not much more left for long guns though. Wellll, I could fit more in but it ends up being a Jenga exercise to fit them in, and more chance of dinging something accidentally. The ATM safe has plenty left though in the top for ammo, scopes and uppers and that sort of thing? What kind of nuts are you looking to bury?
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Me or C? I have a bit, not much more left for long guns though. Wellll, I could fit more in but it ends up being a Jenga exercise to fit them in, and more chance of dinging something accidentally. The ATM safe has plenty left though in the top for ammo, scopes and uppers and that sort of thing? What kind of nuts are you looking to bury?
    Will give you a shout later.....

MaW
    When finished it will be an awesome facility, even on day one with six ranges that is a lot of opportunity and with a seven day opening there is a lot of time for people to take advantage.

With the size of the first ranges it is more suited to pistol and ipsc rifle etc.

I am very happy with the ideas around 22lr ipsc rifle matches which make it much more available to a lot more people without the costs. Anything from more basic ruger 10/22 to something a bit more expensive thats more 'tactical' and suited to putting a 22 upper on your AR. Most people will be able to participate without a huge cost and I think it will be popular there.

I know my 11 year old will be doing that until he is more capable with a 223.

The cost does seem high but IMO only relative to a couple other local facilities. When you consider the extra 40-50 hours per week potential shooting you can get there it doesn't seem like a lot to me. Granted a lot of people here shoot rifle and if you want long distance, it's not there just yet.

Great opportunity to get in to pistol shooting while you wait
    Beaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaW View Post
    When finished it will be an awesome facility, even on day one with six ranges that is a lot of opportunity and with a seven day opening there is a lot of time for people to take advantage.

With the size of the first ranges it is more suited to pistol and ipsc rifle etc.

I am very happy with the ideas around 22lr ipsc rifle matches which make it much more available to a lot more people without the costs. Anything from more basic ruger 10/22 to something a bit more expensive thats more 'tactical' and suited to putting a 22 upper on your AR. Most people will be able to participate without a huge cost and I think it will be popular there.

I know my 11 year old will be doing that until he is more capable with a 223.

The cost does seem high but IMO only relative to a couple other local facilities. When you consider the extra 40-50 hours per week potential shooting you can get there it doesn't seem like a lot to me. Granted a lot of people here shoot rifle and if you want long distance, it's not there just yet.

Great opportunity to get in to pistol shooting while you wait

membership will expand (mainly rifle shooters) as the facility expands. I cant justify the cost for the ranges available yet. It has amazing potential and I probably will end up applying for membership.
    Steve123 likes this.