Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Better vetting of police needed?

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Yes I am asking what the vetting process is because I don't know for a fact what it is.

If truly anyone can snap under the pressures of life and murder others then I actually support a total disarmament of the entire country.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    You are thinking about this wrong. We need more guns and a practical right to self defense in order to defend ourselves from crazed madmen.

Banned
    I wonder if the Mental Health Foundation will continue to call for people with existing mental health conditions to be allowed to become police recruits?

Because, according to chief executive Shaun Robinson, those with mental illnesses often dealt with stress better than those without.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    You are thinking about this wrong. We need more guns and a practical right to self defense in order to defend ourselves from crazed madmen.
    Really? More guns to defend ourselves?

You sound like a crazed madman.

No matter how bad life could get I just cannot see me murdering anyone I just don't have the malice required.
    Defense of myself or family yes in a it's me or them situation but cold blooded murder no.
    That takes a different personality type than mine and of that I am certain.

stingray and Tommy like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

madjon_ likes this.

Normal people can and do snap(life isn't easy), gunning someone down however is at the very extreme end of this.
    Police need to be better than the average member of the public.
    They need to be mentally stronger, physically stronger and have stronger morals than that of Joe public.

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk
    tiroatedson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
    Police do a great job as far as I'm concerned. Easy to throw stones but who's keen to turn up to gang HQ and sort problems.....
    Mate, just give me the means and the permission.
    I'm sick of these of these gangs, they should have a 3 strike policy, 3 acts of organized crime by a "organization" and they should be disbanded.
    I don't see the police sorting out gang problems at all.

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk

No matter how bad life could get I just cannot see me murdering anyone I just don't have the malice required.
    Defense of myself or family yes in a it's me or them situation but cold blooded murder no.

Everyone has a tipping point.
    Asc84 likes this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Really? More guns to defend ourselves?

You sound like a crazed madman.
    If you're worried about me then get yourself a gun.

I kind of agree with you and I think suicide is much the same, but in saying that the mind is a powerful thing which can be hard to control. A man I had known for over 12 years had 3 kids and wife and worth 50+ million and had just had his 60th decided he would jump out the window with a bit of rope. He was a straight up type of guy and you would have thought he had every thing together, I had even talked to him that night.................bloody shame but you just never know.

Yes I am asking what the vetting process is because I don't know for a fact what it is.

If truly anyone can snap under the pressures of life and murder others then I actually support a total disarmament of the entire country.

Really, doesnt mean that people that do such things use a firearm. Its far more likely a knife, bashing their heads in,run them over with a car etc is far more likely than using a firearm.Disarmament of the country wouldnt do a darm thing. Some snap by taking ones own life, most dont use a firearm. Stress, depression, rage , greive etc all do different things to different people and its unknown how it might effect ones selve.
    If you had kids and some person raped and chopped them up into pieces and you ran into them face to face, how you going to react or what would you do? Its all good saying what you might or might not do but until you in that situation you going to have no idea, its life

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Really, doesnt mean that people that do such things use a firearm. Its far more likely a knife, bashing their heads in,run them over with a car etc is far more likely than using a firearm.Disarmament of the country wouldnt do a darm thing. Some snap by taking ones own life, most dont use a firearm. Stress, depression, rage , greive etc all do different things to different people and its unknown how it might effect ones selve.
    If you had kids and some person raped and chopped them up into pieces and you ran into them face to face, how you going to react or what would you do? Its all good saying what you might or might not do but until you in that situation you going to have no idea, its life
    Needs to be taken into context with my post above Jase.

I have had some pretty shit times in my life and some of it is exactly nailed on the head in your post,yes I knew him, yes I was fucken angry and yes I met him again after the fact. No I didn't kill him,or punch him,or even acknowledge him.
    I could have killed him at anytime if I wanted to but I am not a murderer or rapist or torturer. THIS I KNOW!

If you dont KNOW you are not a murderer should you be in possession of firearms?

If shit got so bad I could not deal with it I would be more likely to take my own life but my beliefs stop me doing that too (no I am not religious )

Anyone can snap they say, everyone ha a tipping point.....nup I dont buy it sorry.

It is tragic but some of us are murderers and most of us(thankfully) are not.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    I will answer this one for @veitnamcam and properly a lot of others with kids. You are correct no firearm would be needed but justice would be served! would I feel better for it........fuck yea!!

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    I will answer this one for @veitnamcam and properly a lot of others with kids. You are correct no firearm would be needed but justice would be served! would I feel better for it........fuck yea!!
    opps, maybe I was just answering this one for myself.

I wouldn't say cops have higher morals than the rest of us. I'm sure they wouldn't agree with that themselves. Normal people with a job to do (that we tend to loath when it involves ourselves). I also wouldn't think the boys in blue will rally around this fella. They'd be pissed that one of their own just undid years of hard work winning the trust of the public.
    veitnamcam and stingray like this.