Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Better vetting of police needed?

As VC said, it has to be in context, I think I could for give death by accident eg; driving etc: but things like rape and shit.......hell have no mercy! Gang shootings shouldn't even get the media attention that they do, we are more likely to get the bunny "massacre" banned.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Really? More guns to defend ourselves?

You sound like a crazed madman.
    I think he's taking the piss....a bit. Don't sweat it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one single police officer, hardly a need for tougher vetting of police! How many thousands of cops over the years and this is the first to do this. To the original poster not sure what you do for a crust but I'm sure there's been more of your profession snap than there has been cops.

northdude
    how about everyone that wants to sit there and bag the police for what they do go join up and show us how it should be done

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    This is one single police officer, hardly a need for tougher vetting of police! How many thousands of cops over the years and this is the first to do this. To the original poster not sure what you do for a crust but I'm sure there's been more of your profession snap than there has been cops.
    Quite probably but my profession is made up mainly from the people who didnt fit into the mould of the education system generally and where outcast to "work with your hands" cos you are a dumb cunt.
    Drinking/drugs/being a "hard cunt" are generally expected traits in both my trades.
    They also outnumber police greatly and are by and large unvetted in any way shape or form so I should bloody hope they are criminally represented more than those who are sopost to be the pillars of community and upstanding citizens or the Police force really has major problems.

This is not a police beatup as quite a few of you wrongly have jumped to the conclusion.
    Tommy and rossi.45 like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    how about everyone that wants to sit there and bag the police for what they do go join up and show us how it should be done
    WHO IS BAGGING THE POLICE?

Better vetting of police needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Google this: psychological vetting of police in nz

What it won't tell you though is how important peer support and friends and family are for people under stress, and that stress and emotion simply goes with being human.

Our macho bullshit attitudes and culture, our denial and ignoring of our own and others' vulnerability, and the associated notion that people who crack are weak is actually counter intuitive to ensuring these sorts of things don't occur. No matter the persons' occupation.
    Yes!
    I'll speak for myself and myself only as an ex-cop, the largest surprise to me was the amount of internal bullshit and lack of genuine concern and care for each other within the ranks. Job related and outside. This baffled me.

The job itself is one thing but life is the hardest game of them all and we all need to stand together. Whatever the job.

Sad to see what's transpired down south, victims everywhere.
    I cringe when I remember some of the shit I saw while I was doing the job. I was shot by a fucken work mate in the ass - accidental discharge at 2am into Tarmac and it flew up and nailed me. We did the job, had a briefing, I went to hospital, he had to do extensive firearms training and was not allowed to handle a firearm until he was signed off again 3weeks.
    He's still in the job as a pen pushing wanker.
    Should police be heavily vetted? Yes!

Are they now? No, not heavily enough...

Have they got it 100? No and they never will, do they do a great job?
    Hell yes.

Last edited by Danny; 27-04-2017 at 10:05 PM.
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Needs to be taken into context with my post above Jase.

I have had some pretty shit times in my life and some of it is exactly nailed on the head in your post,yes I knew him, yes I was fucken angry and yes I met him again after the fact. No I didn't kill him,or punch him,or even acknowledge him.
    I could have killed him at anytime if I wanted to but I am not a murderer or rapist or torturer. THIS I KNOW!

If you dont KNOW you are not a murderer should you be in possession of firearms?

If shit got so bad I could not deal with it I would be more likely to take my own life but my beliefs stop me doing that too (no I am not religious )

Anyone can snap they say, everyone ha a tipping point.....nup I dont buy it sorry.

It is tragic but some of us are murderers and most of us(thankfully) are not.
    I think you havnt got the point at all. I understand what you saying but saying you dont buy into anyone can snap and can have a tipping point you in dreamland. No one wants to suffer depression , :snap: or do something they regret but it happens everyday to people that have the same opinion as you. 530 plus people take their own life in this country every year, many of they lend a so called normal life and their friends dont know somethings wrong.until its too late.
    The human mind can only take so much,whats your tipping point who knows but trust me there will be one . Its just life. The average joe blog doesnt want to murder or kill someone, but some get to a point when shit happens out of their control for a spilt second and the rest is history. Im sure you a very good guy CAM, but you sound like the guy that says "'i never mistake a human for a deer"". Thats what they all say that pull the trigger when they shoot someone, swearing what they saw was a deer.
    Mental illiness, just sheer depression, overload on the brain etc can change your thought process out of your normal control. Its not bs, it happens quite often, hence why mates take their own life, beat their wifes or murder someone. Its out of their normal behaviour, they SNAP, it happens and does and you not buying it.... maybe you need to re think because you wrong.

I understand what you saying, currantly and maybe where crap has hit the fan theres no way im going to lose it to a point when im going to murder someone or do something i regret but it depends what that crap is and what your state of mind is at the time . Its fine to say shit happens, but i handle it, one day maybe you wont, its quite possible and thats life as the human state isnt totally under your control even thou you think it is. just saying
    Last edited by deer243; 28-04-2017 at 12:38 AM.
    Pointer, northdude and Asc84 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    I think you havnt got the point at all. I understand what you saying but saying you dont buy into anyone can snap and can have a tipping point you in dreamland. No one wants to suffer depression , :snap: or do something they regret but it happens everyday to people that have the same opinion as you. 530 plus people take their own life in this country every year, many of they lend a so called normal life and their friends dont know somethings wrong.until its too late.
    The human mind can only take so much,whats your tipping point who knows but trust me there will be one . Its just life. The average joe blog doesnt want to murder or kill someone, but some get to a point when shit happens out of their control for a spilt second and the rest is history. Im sure you a very good guy CAM, but you sound like the guy that says "'i never mistake a human for a deer"". Thats what they all say that pull the trigger when they shoot someone, swearing what they saw was a deer.
    Mental illiness, just sheer depression, overload on the brain etc can change your thought process out of your normal control. Its not bs, it happens quite often, hence why mates take their own life, beat their wifes or murder someone. Its out of their normal behaviour, they SNAP, it happens and does and you not buying it.... maybe you need to re think because you wrong.

I understand what you saying, currantly and maybe where crap has hit the fan theres no way im going to lose it to a point when im going to murder someone or do something i regret but it depends what that crap is and what your state of mind is at the time . Its fine to say shit happens, but i handle it, one day maybe you wont, its quite possible and thats life as the human state isnt totally under your control even thou you think it is. just saying
    +1

This thread has been positive for me. I've got a friend who is depressed at the moment, and another going through an ugly divorce. I'm gunna give them both a call tonight. We're all stronger together. Maybe if we all just reached out to that mate before they snapped, then three kids down south wouldn't be growing up without a mother and a father. Stay safe everyone and look out for your mates
    Tahr, Tentman, mikee and 5 others like this.

Pointer likes this.

northdude
    There's a song lyric that in one part says we should be trying to heal each other not kill each other just openly talking about the not so nice stuff that every one wants to avoid can make it a positive thing @Pointer ring him and just call or text regularly to check on your mates I'm in that situation at the moment and I can tell you once your in it all your so called mates disappear I'm lucky I have one that's there not just for the good bits
    screamO likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    This thread has been positive for me. I've got a friend who is depressed at the moment, and another going through an ugly divorce. I'm gunna give them both a call tonight. We're all stronger together. Maybe if we all just reached out to that mate before they snapped, then three kids down south wouldn't be growing up without a mother and a father. Stay safe everyone and look out for your mates

Dan M

You are all assumeing he snapped.
    It is also possible he is just a killer who thought he knew enough to do it and not get caught but things didnt go to plan.
    Just playing devils advocate here.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    rossi.45 likes this.

Very hard to tell how you would react in this situation.....
    The thought of some fella having his dick in my wife makes my blood boil

Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts