Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Bloody Toz17

Bloody Toz17

Dont you hate it when a piece of rubbish like a Toz17 made with left over tractor parts and that has a 100 pound precision trigger smilar to a gintrap made for bears , out shoots your nice Norinco EM332 by a wide margin .
    Rather funny , thats with CCI SV ammo .
    P38, 7mmsaum, nor-west and 2 others like this.

I have a Toz17 just the same and it in my mates hands is very happily taking care of cockies bunny populations.ive had that old girl for nigh on 40yrs and with a manders supresor fitted(25yrs+) its never let me down.
    Ive given my kids pets a humane end when called on to do so,terminated many a horny possums sex life
    and cleaned up quite a few wee plump pot roasts with my old girl.
    She aint fussy ,aint pretty and aint complainin if she gets covered in crap.
    allhaillthe mighty toz17.

Brought mine approx 20yrs ago ,due to a rumour that they would stablise the super heavy 60gr SSS rimfire ammo , they may have , however , mine did not so got put away , and when me wife came along 7yrs ago , I decided to cut the stock down as she is virtually challenged , at the same time bobbed the barrel & threaded for a can .

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    Dont you hate it when a piece of rubbish like a Toz17 made with left over tractor parts and that has a 100 pound precision trigger smilar to a gintrap made for bears , out shoots your nice Norinco EM332 by a wide margin .
    Rather funny , thats with CCI SV ammo .
    Toz17 is the best rifle I ever owned.

Bloody accurate and unbreakable.

Cheers
    Pete

Might have to get mine back from the old man, its coming up 34 years old now....shit getting old

Chris - try some winchester product and Fiocchi HV in your Em332. Mine was shooting 0.5" groups at 100m with Aguila superextra (which is Fiocchi HV), PMC Match rifle, Eley Match, and Winchester Expert. Just have to find EM's preferred ammo - CCI wasn't great in my one.

northdude
    the russians know how to built a rock solid weapon thats reliable and just gets on with it and does the job its desighned to do without all the homo bits to go with it
    Savage1 likes this.

Caretaker
    Made in Russia

"Reliable and just gets on with it and does the job its designed to do"

Petros_mk, GWH, oneipete and 4 others like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

northdude
    Wow only if I was forced to

I try to run all my 22lr at subsonic speeds , with a can , and usually a short barrel as well , will post a pic of the Toz17 when I get home .

Was looking for one a while back, settled on one of their new bolt .22s. Bloody nice rifle, shoots really well, even if it does have Winchester on it as well.

Ive owned mine over 40 years and put many many thousands of rounds thru it.Very accurate and reliable. Still has that unique smokey smell to it. Will never sell it.
    Mangle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Driverman View Post
    Ive owned mine over 40 years and put many many thousands of rounds thru it.Very accurate and reliable. Still has that unique smokey smell to it. Will never sell it.
    Mate bought one about that timeframe. "You've bought what?" "A made in Russia 22." "You've got to be joking!"
    All these years later I am still eating my words. They have stood the test of time and still attract reasonable prices when sold.
    I can remember a distinctive smell about my mate's one. What did they make that varnish out of?

probably a mix of polar bear shit and russky tank grease thinned out with diy vodka.prick of a stuff to remove I tell ya.actually ibutchered my original stock with a DIYcheekpiece for the scope a ratshit varnish job ,jandal recoi lpad;essential for such a delicate instrument(ok illadmit ive had two beer while eatin me tea!)and to add final insult the foreend warped to almost same specs as kimkardashians arse curves.
    got an old stirling model 20stock off my cousin,so toz action sits in that after a bit of ale induced DIYstockmodding in the mancave .GSPFollower is present operator -seems happy with it.-mind you his puku is getting a little more rotund from all those bunny potroasts me suspects!

from my experience if you can get over the roughness and push to cock plus get used to a boldly horrible trigger they shoot quite well.......... don't cut the barrel cone off for some reason with out it they don't shoot worth of shit