Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree449Likes

Thread: Call to Arms

From the Police Association's media release: “The Minister’s concern about ‘over the top’ rules and restrictions on hunters and shooters ignores the reality that New Zealand is awash with firearms and the majority of them are stolen,” he said.

Mr Cahill should be freaking fired for what is an absurd blatant lie. Majority of firearms are stolen!? Wtf man.

And as for calling us out saying: “Minister Bennett appears to have bowed to the pressure of the gun lobby which we believe represents fewer than 10,000 of the 240,000 licensed gun owners.

Bullshit You wish it was that low but I bet you my socks it is much, much higher then you have fabricated you absolute fruitcake.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/l...nz-being-shot/

I thought they didn't want a register? Only to 'record' the details upon licence renewal or security inspection. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Cahill
    "To be honest..."

I think Chris Cahill may have a mental condition that causes him to compulsively lie. He should ensure he doesn't handle any firearms, as he shouldn't be deemed a 'Fit and proper person '.

Apparently, those of us who submitted objections to the Select Committee report are the NRA style gun lobby, and not 'good gun owners'.
    veitnamcam, Ryan, Nickoli and 1 others like this.

JWB
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Yep, serious kudos to Hon. Paula Bennet - that is actually an exceptional bit of work from a MP and we should really now be flicking through nice fluffy emails to her office!
    I disagree. This is not a good result. Here is a reply I sent to the minister today setting out my immediate objections.

"The minister keeps referring to "Arms (Firearm Prohibition Orders and Firearms Licences) Amendment Bill". This I know nothing about.
    This report is a disaster for firearms owners, as it legitimises current illegal activities inflicted on us by police. Increases the potential for further persecution, while giving the public a sense of relief that, "well, that wasn't so bad after all".
    The mail-order process doesn't need clarification. It is clearly set out in the legislation. The minister needed to instruct police to obey the law.
    A stand-down period after licence revocation. Where the hell is that going? Given that most licence revocations are the result of acrimonious relationships or police punishment for a citizen insisting that police follow the law, will this be used to further intimidate the licence holder, should they show any semblance of developing a spine?
    Recording of serial numbers- voluntary process to continue. There is no voluntary process. There is only the police assembling a dysfunctional registry to condition the public to accepting registration. Where is the secure storage for this illegal process and why are public funds supporting it.
    Determine appropriate security standards for A licences. That is just weasel words for increasing the cost to licence holders though increased security costs. Something the police are doing already through illegal policy and bullying. The legislation is quite clear as to the security requirements to deter children and opportunist thieves.
    Licence suspension Just another tool for the thugs and bullies to use against the dissenters to their vision of a police state. No proof required, just the word of the blue thug.
    Require the police to consult with the firearms community! How do you do that, when there is no body that represents licence holders. FCAF? how well does that work out? There is a power imbalance. the police hold all the cards. Dissent is ignored and only agreement is allowed.
    Nowhere in this report is there a rollback of the intrusive and obscene conditions imposed upon licence holders by the 1983 act and it's amendments. The imposition of the need to prove ones innocence goes against the basis of our Westminster justice concept of innocent until proven guilty. The arms act in itself is a direct affront to our justice system and society.
    Nothing the minister is proposing will address criminal offending with firearms, or criminals acquiring firearms. The only thing that will achieve that, is for police to get back to catching burglars, instead of persecuting the victims of burglary. A return to the principles of policing as devised by Robert Peel might be in order as the police clearly lack direction."

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    I disagree. This is not a good result. Here is a reply I sent to the minister today setting out my immediate objections.

"The minister keeps referring to "Arms (Firearm Prohibition Orders and Firearms Licences) Amendment Bill". This I know nothing about.
    This report is a disaster for firearms owners, as it legitimises current illegal activities inflicted on us by police. Increases the potential for further persecution, while giving the public a sense of relief that, "well, that wasn't so bad after all".
    The mail-order process doesn't need clarification. It is clearly set out in the legislation. The minister needed to instruct police to obey the law.
    A stand-down period after licence revocation. Where the hell is that going? Given that most licence revocations are the result of acrimonious relationships or police punishment for a citizen insisting that police follow the law, will this be used to further intimidate the licence holder, should they show any semblance of developing a spine?
    Recording of serial numbers- voluntary process to continue. There is no voluntary process. There is only the police assembling a dysfunctional registry to condition the public to accepting registration. Where is the secure storage for this illegal process and why are public funds supporting it.
    Determine appropriate security standards for A licences. That is just weasel words for increasing the cost to licence holders though increased security costs. Something the police are doing already through illegal policy and bullying. The legislation is quite clear as to the security requirements to deter children and opportunist thieves.
    Licence suspension Just another tool for the thugs and bullies to use against the dissenters to their vision of a police state. No proof required, just the word of the blue thug.
    Require the police to consult with the firearms community! How do you do that, when there is no body that represents licence holders. FCAF? how well does that work out? There is a power imbalance. the police hold all the cards. Dissent is ignored and only agreement is allowed.
    Nowhere in this report is there a rollback of the intrusive and obscene conditions imposed upon licence holders by the 1983 act and it's amendments. The imposition of the need to prove ones innocence goes against the basis of our Westminster justice concept of innocent until proven guilty. The arms act in itself is a direct affront to our justice system and society.
    Nothing the minister is proposing will address criminal offending with firearms, or criminals acquiring firearms. The only thing that will achieve that, is for police to get back to catching burglars, instead of persecuting the victims of burglary. A return to the principles of policing as devised by Robert Peel might be in order as the police clearly lack direction."
    Too many new laws are being passed that make the citizen prove innocence. Especially H&S prosecutions. And has any one challenged the 4 km/hr holiday tolerance? Arn't speedo's only required to be accurate to 10%?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    And has any one challenged the 4 km/hr holiday tolerance? Arn't speedo's only required to be accurate to 10%?
    Speedos are allowed to over-read by up to 10% but not under-read IIRC. Not sure what the accuracy spec of the police radar/laser units is though.

To be honest the 4km/hr tolerance has failed to achieve anything for the road toll because its just another case of stricter enforcement on easy targets who aren't the problem, to make bureaucrats look like they're doing something without having to deal with the more difficult real issue (which is mostly down to poor driver training in that case).

Have you noticed that when the road toll is down the spin is "the policy is working" and when the road toll is up the spin is "people aren't obeying our policy well enough". Head I win, tails you lose!
    veitnamcam, gadgetman, GWH and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Speedos are allowed to over-read by up to 10% but not under-read IIRC. Not sure what the accuracy spec of the police radar/laser units is though.

To be honest the 4km/hr tolerance has failed to achieve anything for the road toll because its just another case of stricter enforcement on easy targets who aren't the problem, to make bureaucrats look like they're doing something without having to deal with the more difficult real issue (which is mostly down to poor driver training in that case).

Have you noticed that when the road toll is down the spin is "the policy is working" and when the road toll is up the spin is "people aren't obeying our policy well enough". Head I win, tails you lose!
    I agree. There's some shocking driving in Auckland but so long as your not speeding you can get away with it.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Was pissed off the other day- received a camera van fine for doing an outrageous 56km/hr!!
    You'll NEVER convince me this is anything but revenue gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Speedos are allowed to over-read by up to 10% but not under-read IIRC.
    And bloody Subaru decided in the mistaken belief of assisting road safety worldwide, purposely calibrate their speedos to read over grrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    Was pissed off the other day- received a camera van fine for doing an outrageous 56km/hr!!
    You'll NEVER convince me this is anything but revenue gathering.
    You are quite correct. If it was a safety thing they would be parked where traffic is held up by slow drivers. Instead they are waiting in the few straight stretches where there is finally a place to pass, and the slow driver speeds up.
    veitnamcam and Danger Mouse like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

MaW
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    https://www.policeassn.org.nz/newsro...-firearms-cont

The scaremongering continues...

I'd be interested to know what number are air rifles or toys. Also glaringly conspicuous by its absence in this press release is the word "semi-automatic".
    Yep, one said something like 'an air rifle and a snub nosed pistol was stolen from a car'. That sings of airsoft all day long..

Quote Originally Posted by MaW View Post
    Yep, one said something like 'an air rifle and a snub nosed pistol was stolen from a car'. That sings of airsoft all day long..
    "stubb nosed pistol" actually, whatever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    You are quite correct. If it was a safety thing they would be parked where traffic is held up by slow drivers. Instead they are waiting in the few straight stretches where there is finally a place to pass, and the slow driver speeds up.
    Its the same as targeting crims instead of license holders. Too much hard work.

Probably was a cap gun from the $2 shop.

[QUOTE=6x47;604977]Was pissed off the other day

I got one of those recently too. 58 in non residential 50 zone
    Forgotmaboltagain+1