Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree449Likes

Thread: Call to Arms

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post

Brave words until it's your door the cops kick in at 5.00am looking for the guns you haven't registered, shoot your dog and chuck stun grenades down the hallway.
    Given their track record at trying to shoot dogs it would be pretty safe.
    veitnamcam and mikee like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Re: inspections

It seems that a random inspection of security is next to useless unless it is functionally an unwarranted search of the property. Otherwise what do they do? Look in the gunsafe to check there aren't any guns not in there? Useless without knowing what should be in there. And of course registration is a massive headache for everyone involved in so many ways.

I've just had a meeting with the local Waimak National MP about this, he said it's been pretty topical.

I explained that the inquiry had drifted off its mandate & that NZ First seemed to be the only ones who saw it.

I expressed the shooting community's concern at the NZPA & NZ police making secret submissions & Mr Cahills tendency to make up stuff for the media & gave him an example.
    We discussed sentencing or the lack of it for gang members caught with or using firearms, I also put forward that if burglars were targeted by the police the firearm thief rate would drop & to make the thief of a firearm an aggravating circumstance during sentencing, i.e you nick a gun & get caught you get 5yrs.
    Interestingly he then brought up the cost of locking crims up & those who think we shouldn't be locking criminals up for long periods, etc I told him you can't have if both ways!

We discussed registration, I pointed out it didn't work last time & doubt it will work again, explained Canada's 2billon go at it.
    So I've asked him to submit two questions to the Police Minister for me.
    1, What % of Police recovered B&E cat firearms are traceable back to there rightfull owners?
    2, what % of all recovered firearms are untraceable i.e don't have a serial number still on them?
    It will be interesting to see what the answers are?

He agreed that even if the govt took all our firearms the crims would still get hold of them which lead us into discussing why punish us law abiding FAL holders when it won't change jack.

He said that Paula Bennett as Police minister has to report back to the select committee on what she thinks of the report by early July, I'd encourage all of you to email her outlining your concerns even if it's a quick paragraph.

I told him us voters would want to know Nationals policy on this before the election as a lot were worried about them pulling a swifty on it after the election (if they are still in!)

He thanked me for my time & I'm now home having a cuppa tea.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Good work outdoorlad thanks for putting the effort in.
    With regards to your questions, I reckon the police response will be "no such data exists".

Name:  IMG_8905.JPG
Views: 239
Size:  27.7 KB

In the other hand... criminals are "not allowed" to stay long term in prison but we law abiding citizens "are allowed" to live inside our homes barricade as it is a prison so the criminals don't come inside... yeah, right!
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    Given their track record at trying to shoot dogs it would be pretty safe.
    yeah to be fair they have a far better record when it comes to "innocent passers by"
    SlowElliot likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Name:  Police Association.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  170.6 KB
    Police News April 2017

Notice the comment about "military grade sniper rifles that can kill a person a kilometre away"? That's every .30 cal hunting rifle..

They aren't just coming for the 'scary black rifles'..
    veitnamcam and JasonW like this.

LoL how blames drugs for societal ills yet firearms are the "issue".

All this political gamesmanship by the union just shows its election year and is reinforcing who I'll be voting for.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshogi View Post
    Attachment 68131
    Police News April 2017

Notice the comment about "military grade sniper rifles that can kill a person a kilometre away"? That's every .30 cal hunting rifle..

They aren't just coming for the 'scary black rifles'..
    ...all based on....? Lot's of assertions, no evidence and no basis in fact.
    Another Cahill acolyte for sure.

Recent shipment smuggled and destined for Australia seized in US, same style can be bought here..... yeah with a lisence and correct endorsement. I really despise misleading story telling on matters like this
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    ...all based on....? Lot's of assertions, no evidence and no basis in fact.
    Another Cahill acolyte for sure.
    Maybe...just maybe ..... if the police put their speed camera's down, got off their arses and caught criminals they would be better off. Maybe if they lobbied the Judges and Politicians about deterrent sentences for firearms crimes they could chill out a bit.
    I get a feeling the prick who wrote that thinks he's got a right to rule over us. Fuck him
    veitnamcam and SlowElliot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Recent shipment smuggled and destined for Australia seized in US, same style can be bought here..... yeah with a lisence and correct endorsement. I really despise misleading story telling on matters like this
    Military or plod grade could even mean a humble Rem 700.
    Gibo and SlowElliot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Military or plod grade could even mean a humble Rem 700.
    exactly
    SlowElliot likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Doesnt military grade just mean the cheapest crap that the army can get away with?
    Steve123 and norsk like this.