Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Exploding targets

Quote Originally Posted by Chop3r View Post
    How long ago was that ? I use a shitload of acetone for cleaning for degreasing rifle barrels and other parts prior to bluing and have never had to sign a declaration at Mitre 10 or Bunnings
    maybe 18 months ago, they dont anymore

Every person is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months or a fine not exceeding $2,000 who, for the purposes of sale or distribution to the public, prints or publishes or makes any document or thing (not being a document or thing of a technical, scientific, literary, or artistic character) that describes or depicts the method of manufacture of any explosive device or incendiary device or restricted weapon (within the meaning of section 2 of the Arms Act 1983), or any part of any such device or weapon.
    This is interesting. If you tell someone online how to manufacture a taper pin for an AR-15 FSB, you've committed an offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggers_187 View Post
    This is interesting. If you tell someone online how to manufacture a taper pin for an AR-15 FSB, you've committed an offense.
    But an AR is not a restricted weapon is it?

restricted weapon means any weapon, whether a firearm or not, declared by the Governor-General, by Order in Council made under section 4, to be a restricted weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli_Dog View Post
    But an AR is not a restricted weapon is it?

restricted weapon means any weapon, whether a firearm or not, declared by the Governor-General, by Order in Council made under section 4, to be a restricted weapon
    Could be an FSB pin for a select fire M16?

Quote Originally Posted by Daggers_187 View Post
    Could be an FSB pin for a select fire M16?
    COULD be. Also might NOT be.

If I publish instructions on how to thread some steel pipe, and install threaded end caps onto that pipe, am I being a helpful plumber, or am I teaching people how to make a pipe bomb?

You're being very selective in quoting legislation.

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/p....html#DLM53524
    (2)It is a defence in a prosecution under this section if the defendant proves that it was reasonable in all the circumstances to print or publish or make the description or depiction to which the prosecution relates.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    COULD be. Also might NOT be.

If I publish instructions on how to thread some steel pipe, and install threaded end caps onto that pipe, am I being a helpful plumber, or am I teaching people how to make a pipe bomb?

You're being very selective in quoting legislation.

Summary Offences Act 1981 No 113 (as at 24 August 2014), Public Act – New Zealand Legislation
    (2)It is a defence in a prosecution under this section if the defendant proves that it was reasonable in all the circumstances to print or publish or make the description or depiction to which the prosecution relates.
    If you go to somewhere like Tasman PFV, you can buy all the short sections of pre threaded pipe and the endcaps over the counter and don't have to fuck about threading them. They sell fire sprinkler pipes and fittings.

Or a 90° elbow and end caps would work as well.
    stretch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli_Dog View Post
    maybe 18 months ago, they dont anymore
    Must have been longer than that mate as I have been using it seriously for the last 6 years and no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Chop3r View Post
    Must have been longer than that mate as I have been using it seriously for the last 6 years and no problems
    Maybe it was just this particular store, it was one of the last non mega ones around here