Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: F-Class

Just to resurrect this thread, I am interested in FTR shooting and will be heading along to the Malvern shoot on the 17th. Does anyone on here shoot at Malvern?

My son & I will be.

You could come to the working bee on the 3rd or the Ashburton Sweepstake on the 10th.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 16-09-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Awesome, I will see if I can get to the Ashburton one, at this stage I am busy the weekend of 3 & 4th if the weather is any good (off to do some hut maintenance with local deerstalkers).

Is there anything I would need to bring along? I am guessing ear and eye protection. Is it something I could bring my well behaved 5yr old son along to? He is very keen on shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky1000 View Post
    Is there anything I would need to bring along? I am guessing ear and eye protection. Is it something I could bring my well behaved 5yr old son along to? He is very keen on shooting.
    Eye and ear protection, shooting mat if you've got one; Hopefully sunblock.
    I'll ask about your son, as I'm not the one to give the okay. If he comes he'll need ear protection too.

Of course you'll bring your Firearms Licence to confirm you have a current one.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 16-09-2015 at 10:06 PM.
    Maca49 likes this.

Children are welcome if supervised by parent(s) and must have ear protection.

That's great thanks so much for your help Cyclops. One last thing are there usually club rifles available to shoot with and begin learning with? I have rifles of my own but I doubt any of them are up to a high enough standard to be worth bringing along at the moment.

I do have a Remington 700 LR in .300 Win Mag with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 but I haven't done any load development for it yet and with the suppressor I am not sure what it weighs.

Fulla
    My full bore experience...
    Turn up with what ever rifle as long as I have a zero and drop chart.(within reason, no rimfires)
    Get wind practice and verify drops.
    At first I used a magnum so took it easy, only usually shot six rounds per match.
    Then started using .223 as well, and liked shooting the full amount of rounds.
    Only recently iv started looking at what my score is.
    I paid my money and nobody gave a shit if I was ftr or f class there is no stress at all. I'm not really competing so who cares.
    I'm just a guy with a rifle enjoying shooting and doing it with like minded people.
    Totally recommend it to anyone looking for a place to shoot long range. Don't be put off by classes and rules, except of course safety rules.
    I just wish work wouldn't get in the way so often.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Danny and PERRISCICABA like this.

Impressive! Congrats!

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    My full bore experience...
    Turn up with what ever rifle as long as I have a zero and drop chart.(within reason, no rimfires)
    Get wind practice and verify drops.
    At first I used a magnum so took it easy, only usually shot six rounds per match.
    Then started using .223 as well, and liked shooting the full amount of rounds.
    Only recently iv started looking at what my score is.
    I paid my money and nobody gave a shit if I was ftr or f class there is no stress at all. I'm not really competing so who cares.
    I'm just a guy with a rifle enjoying shooting and doing it with like minded people.
    Totally recommend it to anyone looking for a place to shoot long range. Don't be put off by classes and rules, except of course safety rules.
    I just wish work wouldn't get in the way so often.

Fulla
    Thanks man!
    It's good fun isn't it. I don't get there often enough.
    My 300 yard was a sad story though!

I will be shooting this FTR rifle at my clubs semi auto champs on Saturday. It goes well, and shoots 50's easy enough with 168 projectiles. I have shot a couple of 50.9's with it at 300
    Name:  001.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  754.0 KB

ebf
    Nothing wrong with that bully. 2moa elevation, with a good lot of those (3-7) within the 1 Moa band.

The mid range targets tend to be slightly easier. Shorts are quite hard, a lot of people struggle with them Less flags to look at etc.
    bully likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute