Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: groups gone to the dogs

if it does not shoot close to moa after this then consider taking it back to the shop, given this is a brand new rifle. Don't futz around with it too much or they may start getting narky about honouring any guarantee or warrantee. Some factory barrels, even the best/most expensive ones occasionally turn out a dud barrel. I bought a Sendero 7mm RM that was "minute of barn door" (3 -6 inch grps, random as) - had to re-barrel to fix it & lap the bolt lugs cos it was only bearing on one lug. Shoots 0.5 - .7moa now
    steven and Sideshow like this.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    So its gone from 2MOA or so to 10moa? that sounds very strange and drastic. If it was an enfield I'd say the draws/bedding had seriously failed. Are you adjusting the scope between each shot? if so try shooting 5 without adjusting the scope just let it group to see if it does.
    nope i dont adjust anything till im sure of where my pills are going.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    if it does not shoot close to moa after this then consider taking it back to the shop, given this is a brand new rifle. Don't futz around with it too much or they may start getting narky about honouring any guarantee or warrantee. Some factory barrels, even the best/most expensive ones occasionally turn out a dud barrel. I bought a Sendero 7mm RM that was "minute of barn door" (3 -6 inch grps, random as) - had to re-barrel to fix it & lap the bolt lugs cos it was only bearing on one lug. Shoots 0.5 - .7moa now
    it started of brilliantly, now after 2-3 boxes its gone to shit. but after a bloody good clean im waiting for a free day to get back to the range and see if that was the issue.

"if it does not shoot close to moa after this then consider taking it back to the shop"

Frankly given how well mass produced guns can be made these days if a new rifle didnt do 1moa or better then yes. I mean 2~3 moa is a no4 lee enfield accuracy, a 1930~50s made gun with an even earlier design pedigree so I'd be seriously put out.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"