Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Gun club cleared to build firing range close to meditation retreat

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Apparently the site of the proposed range is currently a motocross track? Funny as if that's true, shooting range will seem nice and quiet then!
    Looks like it from the Google Earth photographs.

R93
    I have one around 3kms from me as the crow flys and I am wondering if I should just move there😆

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    gadgetman, Beaker and Steve123 like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by marky123 View Post
    I'm trying to be Kiwi ok?
    I just cant leave the house without socks on,once I get over that hurdle....
    MARK
    @marky123

Di tells me your not a bad Pommy Bastard as far as pommy bastards so go.

And if Di says your an ok bastard then your ok with us mate

Cheers
    Pete
    Pengy likes this.
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    I bet when he did clay bird shooting he had a manservant to load the gun and hand it to him. Sorry if I sound bitter but I know quite a few English people here who are stuck up beyond belief and wont stop telling people how things ought to be done. I reckon we deport the lot of the pretentious snobs to make room for refugees who will actually be thankful to be here.
    "English people" is such a huge range of individuals from lots of different backgrounds that the stuck up ones are hardly a representative example.
    There are plenty of stuck up Kiwis who grow up thinking they are Gods gift too. Not singling out Aucklanders (as that is just as diverse as "English people"), but the recent southward trend, especially on to life style blocks, has had an increase of complaining about noisy smelly dairy cows and their complaining horrible farmers killing baby calves.
    Beaker likes this.

You get good and bad in all immigrant communites.Most of the time expats are in one of three types.

Those that go "completley Native" addopt the local language,customs and leave their past behind.

Those that go"half native" speak the language but have only freinds from the same country they are from

Finally those who bang on constantly about how everything is better back home,that the locals are useless in comparason to home,generally leave you wondering why in fucks name they bothered leaving at all.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    You get good and bad in all immigrant communites.Most of the time expats are in one of three types.

Those that go "completley Native" addopt the local language,customs and leave their past behind.

Those that go"half native" speak the language but have only freinds from the same country they are from

Finally those who bang on constantly about how everything is better back home,that the locals are useless in comparason to home,generally leave you wondering why in fucks name they bothered leaving at all.

i'm proud to have gone full native!!
    shooternz, Tommy, Steve123 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post

Ok, I apologise to any pommy bastards who don't deserve the abuse I was giving, the third type are the ones I think we ought to deport, the rest can stay =)
    For example, the pom who pulled up in the driveway of my parents place (they have a little cottage they rent out), whom dad greeted, the man explained his daughter was coming to study in Dunedin and was looking for somewhere to rent out of town, but he didn't even get out of the car, stating the he was looking for somewhere "nicer". The pommy parents of a guy I went to high school with who stood up at the leavers dinner and gave one of the longer speeches of the night, most of which was about their son and his own achievements, the rest about how the school could make improvements. The countless stuck-up English fly-fishermen that come in to the shop, you can imagine: e.g. looking at $500-plus fly reel "Oh, do you have one of these?" "No, I'm much of a fly fisherman" I replied, "No, no" he said "Do you have one of these for sale?" me: "No sir, we only really keep on of each reel in stock, that one itself is for sale" "Oh well if it's a display model I shall expect a discount"

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Oh, I say tommygun old chap, one can't help ones breeding I suppose. Pip pip, stiff upper lip what? But you do seem the sort of crass fellow that would have used the display model. Ha ha ha ha ....... Tell them to fuck off mate.
    R93 and Skatieguy like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

From the Auckland Shooting Club Facebook this morning.

1. We are not right next door to the meditation centre - in that we do not share a common boundry and they are located more than 1.5km away through dense bush, hilly terrain and forestry. 2. The site we are using was a motorcross club, so it is reasonable to assume that neighbours had a tolerance to some levels of noise. 3. Acoustic tests were provided by council approved sound engineers and have been based off other recent noise tests of a New Zealand gun club using range construction to channel and manage the noise - we are not planning to shoot in an open paddock. 4. The meditation centre is being used to sensationalise a news story when it is actually the adjacent neighbour who started the complaints - we have no ill feelings towards the meditation centre and there is in no way any malicious intent towards the people who practice there.
    sako75, Savage1, Gerbs and 5 others like this.

Kscott I can see that as tomorrow's head line....read all about it

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Kscott I can see that as tomorrow's head line....read all about it
    There's no way the media, stuff in particular will publish that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    From the Auckland Shooting Club Facebook this morning.

1. We are not right next door to the meditation centre - in that we do not share a common boundry and they are located more than 1.5km away through dense bush, hilly terrain and forestry. 2. The site we are using was a motorcross club, so it is reasonable to assume that neighbours had a tolerance to some levels of noise. 3. Acoustic tests were provided by council approved sound engineers and have been based off other recent noise tests of a New Zealand gun club using range construction to channel and manage the noise - we are not planning to shoot in an open paddock. 4. The meditation centre is being used to sensationalise a news story when it is actually the adjacent neighbour who started the complaints - we have no ill feelings towards the meditation centre and there is in no way any malicious intent towards the people who practice there.
    I'd imagine a pistol range would be a lot quieter than a motorcross track. The noise from 4 stroke MX bikes seems to carry travel a bloody long way.

I know it's a bit different but the Otago Pistol Club is located at the beach at Waldronville and uses a sand dune as a backstop, you can be walking along the beach quite happily, on the other side of the dunes while they are shooting and barely hear the shots. I suppose being next to the sea helps.
    The ironic thing about this Auckland range is that if they tried to used suppressed handguns to be courteous, the bastard would probably get even more upset. =) I'd like to see them do 3-gun there to really rile him up. I can just see him shaking his newspaper and scoffing at the nerve of people using firearms that aren't a fine side-by-side 'fowling piece' that costs as much to manufacture as a small house.
    Skatieguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    I know it's a bit different but the Otago Pistol Club is located at the beach at Waldronville and uses a sand dune as a backstop, you can be walking along the beach quite happily, on the other side of the dunes while they are shooting and barely hear the shots. I suppose being next to the sea helps.
    The ironic thing about this Auckland range is that if they tried to used suppressed handguns to be courteous, the bastard would probably get even more upset. =) I'd like to see them do 3-gun there to really rile him up. I can just see him shaking his newspaper and scoffing at the nerve of people using firearms that aren't a fine side-by-side 'fowling piece' that costs as much to manufacture as a small house.
    I think you'd find that the pom in question is merely a middle class middle management beaurecrat type pom. If everything was so great back "home" why did the prick have to go halfway round the world before he found some one dumb enough to hire him.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    I think you'd find that the pom in question is merely a middle class middle management beaurecrat type pom. If everything was so great back "home" why did the prick have to go halfway round the world before he found some one dumb enough to hire him.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    Probably because he thought he was so great at it but all his co workers knew the truth that he was mistaken in his opinion of his abilities................