Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By 199p
  • 2 Post By stumpy
  • 2 Post By R93
  • 3 Post By R93
  • 1 Post By Raging Bull
  • 1 Post By Kscott
  • 3 Post By 40bung
  • 1 Post By Macca

Thread: IPSC - Manawatu Club

IPSC - Manawatu Club

I joined my local club on the weekend (Manawatu) with the intention of getting into IPSC in the near future. I was fortunate enough to have a club member invite my partner and I to check out his 3 gun set up (9mm, 12g and AR) and have a shoot, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

If I understand correctly, I now have to full out a NZP FM1 form and pay NZP fees ($75 pa) and if all checks out I can start my six month probation period. In this period I must attend the club at least 12 times and take part in a club event? Is this correct?

I was wondering whether there are any members here? Is there any induction course? Feel free to pm me, would be good to get to know some more club members.

I've been told if I turn up on a Saturday after lunch with some 9mm ammunition, ear/eye protection I can observe and may get some time shooting.

Vincent
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded

I joined for a while mate
    Had to shoot on sunday mornings olympic style 1st Got to say it was really boring one hand stuff.
    Did my required shoots etc but the club would not support my application for a B endorsement

Couldn't get an official answer but was told because of my car ( evo9 ) I wasn't the "type" that they wanted at the club,
    Not even a speeding or parking ticket to my name just a failure to give way to rail way vehicle.

Hopefully you have better luck out there
    Skatieguy likes this.

Fee will be the $75 Pistol NZ fee plus the club fee, usually $100-$200, the club member you know should tell you when the club shoot is and the armorer should have a couple of club guns to have a go with, or more often than not borrow another members

the 6 month period you just need to attend, you don't actually have to shoot any events, we have members that have been there for 2-3 years, with $5-$6k pistols, have never even shot a match and have only just been holster qualified

your type of car would have had no bearing on your suitability to posess a B endorsement .... I would have pushed it for a correct answer ,
    199p and Skatieguy like this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    I joined for a while mate
    Had to shoot on sunday mornings olympic style 1st Got to say it was really boring one hand stuff.
    Did my required shoots etc but the club would not support my application for a B endorsement

Couldn't get an official answer but was told because of my car ( evo9 ) I wasn't the "type" that they wanted at the club,
    Not even a speeding or parking ticket to my name just a failure to give way to rail way vehicle.

Hopefully you have better luck out there
    That is just utter shit if the reason is true.
    I would be pissed if having supported the club by way of fees etc.
    What you own or do in your own time should have nothing to do with the club if you're a proactive member and fit and proper.

Imo, if you are deemed fit and proper to have an A firearms licence you are fit and proper for all the others.
    I do agree with probation periods etc for a B.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    199p and stumpy like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

I heard something completely different regarding your b endorsement being declined. But thats the rumour mill for you. If it had any truth to it then it was probably reasonable.

If there was no element of truth to it then i would be asking questions or trying again.

Do you have any endorsements by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Towely View Post
    I heard something completely different regarding your b endorsement being declined. But thats the rumour mill for you. If it had any truth to it then it was probably reasonable.

If there was no element of truth to it then i would be asking questions or trying again.

Do you have any endorsements by the way?
    Would love to know as i couldn't get any answers. Feel free to just post as i have nothing to hide. Just got pulled aside and was told the club wouldnt support me was a group of 4 - 5 of them.
    Asked some questions including contacting pnz and was told to leave it as it would count agenst me if i applyed later in life.
    I currently have my a and e cat

Sorry for the off topic op
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

R93
    If you have not been given a solid reason as to why they would not support your application that to me, comes across as fucking gutless from the club.
    I would want to be informed as to why no matter what, so I could rectify the issue or learn from it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    puku, 199p and Skatieguy like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by specweapon View Post
    Fee will be the $75 Pistol NZ fee plus the club fee, usually $100-$200, the club member you know should tell you when the club shoot is and the armorer should have a couple of club guns to have a go with, or more often than not borrow another members

the 6 month period you just need to attend, you don't actually have to shoot any events, we have members that have been there for 2-3 years, with $5-$6k pistols, have never even shot a match and have only just been holster qualified
    Thank you for the clarification spec.
    199p likes this.
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    They probably saw your racing on KiwiSim
    199p likes this.

By memory
    Visit club max 3 times
    Decide to join
    Fill out membership application form
    Pay club joining fee
    Pay club subs
    Pay pistol nz affiliation fee to club
    Start 6 month probation period
    Shoot minimum 12 shoots within the 6 months
    Participate in club training
    At around the 5 month stage of probation sit and pass multi choice pnz safety test
    At 6 months fill out and have club complete fm1 form and deem you suitable or not
    If suitable pay $204 endorsement application fee at post shop
    Fill out f.a.l application form
    Read and sign security requirements for endorsed firearms
    Get security
    With your f.a.l application for the a.o will marry it up with your fm1 form from the club which is submitted at the same time
    More time ticks by
    Referees are contacted
    Interviews conducted
    Security checked
    More time ticks by
    B endorsement issued on new f.a.l

Not quite chapter and verse but pretty sure that is close to the procedure.
    Raging Bull, R93 and Skatieguy like this.

Was this the club out Turitea by any chance?
    Raging Bull likes this.

Yep- by the sounds