Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Load development for Rock River Arms LAR-8

Hi every1 , have recently bought a LAR-8 and was wonderin what powders and projectiles people out there where useing for this weapon , i was hopeing to do some longrange target shooting with this thing as well as hunting deer with it as well also longrange ,

Quote Originally Posted by chubby View Post
    Hi every1 , have recently bought a LAR-8 and was wonderin what powders and projectiles people out there where useing for this weapon , i was hopeing to do some longrange target shooting with this thing as well as hunting deer with it as well also longrange ,
    Hello there, I not done a lot with my lar8 yet. My records show 2208 45gns, 178amax, lapua brass, fed 210 primers. Not sure on the OAL as I brought a gadget to measure from the ogive instead of the tip. Two goes at this with a .5" and .822" 5 round group. Tried Nosler 165 match and that shoots around an inch.
    Bit hot at 45 grains for my liking in an auto and I have bad extractor swipes and marks on the brass. I've since fitted an adjustable gas block which should sort out the brass issues. I expect with a little more fiddling it will be a steady sub moa rifle using a few different projectiles.
    My aim is to find the next accuracy node down from 45 grains, possibly around the 42 grain mark. Running a suppressor as we'll.
    The D is silent, hillbilly!

Yep iv done a bunch with the lar 8, great rifle

Look see if this link to my vid works.

308 Rock River Arms range LAR8 set up - YouTube

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Have to check my load book but mine is running 44.5 2208 with 168 Nosler CC IIRC
    Same as my bolt gun load.
    Shoots really well