Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Need Scope Advise

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Looks like a Nikko Panamax, they are new Nikkos so unsure of quality, think they are the game King replacement.

May be a night eater, which are Okish!
    Doesn't have the slant front of the Nighteater. If it is a basic package deal it could easily be a Panamax. There were a few earlier deals that the wholesaler threw Diamonds on. I got a great deal on three diamonds from a gunshop that knew bugger all about them. They offered so I accepted. All I did was suggest they had the wrong price on as that was too cheap. They replied if it is so cheap how much would I offer for all three. I made a stupid low ball offer and they said "Done"

Quote Originally Posted by XBoltstalker View Post
    Howsit guys,

So got me a reasonably new .308 x bolt. It came with a cheap nikko stirling 3-9x4 mil dot scope.
    Looking to upgrade my scope, wanting to shoot out to 600m roughly. What do you guys suggest?
    Dont really want to spend thousands. Mainly used for hunting but will do the odd day on the farm at different ranges having fun. Cheers guyAttachment 51268
    Xbolts aint that cheap are they? You want good optics on a nice rifle so biff that shit and get something decent, Leupold would be my pick without getting carried away.
    BRADS likes this.

just sold a bushnell elite, guess what? its exactly like the nikon. if you want pin point accuracy zeiss or schravoski are great but there are cheaper scopes out there that are pretty good too. i once had a vx2 on one of my guns and swapped it for one of the original tasco titan scopes. this was the japanese one 4-12 x 50.
    took it down to richard wilhelm here in christchurch (pre quake) and he gave me a bit of poo staring before he took it outside the shop and had a good look. came back in and declared it bloody good, not as good as a zeiss but better than a comparable leupold.
    i had that scope for years, never lost its point of impact, never fogged and the twilight seemed like daylight thru it.
    guess my point is shop around, there are cheap scope that are great. 95% are crap but occasionally you will find a great one from a company like tasco etc that markets scopes not manufactures them

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    just sold a bushnell elite, guess what? its exactly like the nikon. if you want pin point accuracy zeiss or schravoski are great but there are cheaper scopes out there that are pretty good too. i once had a vx2 on one of my guns and swapped it for one of the original tasco titan scopes. this was the japanese one 4-12 x 50.
    took it down to richard wilhelm here in christchurch (pre quake) and he gave me a bit of poo staring before he took it outside the shop and had a good look. came back in and declared it bloody good, not as good as a zeiss but better than a comparable leupold.
    i had that scope for years, never lost its point of impact, never fogged and the twilight seemed like daylight thru it.
    guess my point is shop around, there are cheap scope that are great. 95% are crap but occasionally you will find a great one from a company like tasco etc that markets scopes not manufactures them
    Save it

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Doesn't have the slant front of the Nighteater.
    I have a couple of Nighteaters, the flip-up caps that came on the 3-9x42 fit against the slant front and hide it.

Decent scopes for the money, I still use the 6x36 on a 22. The 3-9x42 is just lying around waiting for me to sell it. You definitely notice the difference in low light compared to Weaver v9, Bushnell Elite etc but at about half the price what do you expect.
    Last edited by GravelBen; 04-07-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Xbolts aint that cheap are they? You want good optics on a nice rifle so biff that shit and get something decent, Leupold would be my pick without getting carried away.
    Yeah they have abitve price in them. Ended up going with a burris xtr ii 3-12x50.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  186.0 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  188.7 KB
    Bagheera and Ryan_Songhurst like this.

So you have a nikko waiting for another rifle. Nice range plenty of extra distance there. How did you shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    So you have a nikko waiting for another rifle. Nice range plenty of extra distance there. How did you shoot?
    Yep got the nikko sitting here as a spare now. Yeah really happy with it! Bit heavy but im only young so why not. Got an inch grouping at 200m which i was happy with! Dials really well! Shot a pig at 298yds last week
    WallyR likes this.