Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Target pistol shooting... anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    G'Day Fella's,

Gimp, a few mates of mine shoot the CZ SP-01 Shadow (in IPSC) and they are generally very popular!
    This is for a very good reason, as they seem to have everything going for them, well for a pistol that's not a J.M.Browning design!!!
    Here is another variation, on the CZ theme.
    Attachment 276
    This is an IMI Jericho in .40 Short & Weak!
    Many of the Jericho parts, were made for IMI (Israel Military Industries) by Tanfoglio in Italy but they are just rip offs of the original CZ-75 design!
    I purchased this pistol because it came with two barrels (one of which was threaded for its compensator), for $600.00.
    At the bottom of the image, is a Proto-Type (#1) sound suppressor, for this pistol.

Doh!
    Homer

I forgot to mention, FJWH for banning our Hi Capacity Mags, which I see in the You Tube clip, you blokes are having a heap of fun with!!!
    Jerichos rule. And you even have the frame safety model. Sweet.

Do the sights clear that can? I've never shot a suppressed handgun actually.

Squashed like a Flea
    G'Day gimp,

The factory front sight is level with the top of the suppressor, so if you use a 6 O'clock hold, all is well!!!
    Still awaiting Police authorisation, to actually attach the suppressor to the pistol and shoot it!
    It has been close on 6 months since I first applied, been told it has been approved but I'm not going to hold my breath!!!

Zzzzzzzz Time for Homer!

Off to the range, hope the weather holds out, just bought a new AA lowrider holster for the 9mm... it's fun time!
    There's always a chance, while there's lead in the air!
    A golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.

Squashed like a Flea
    G'Day Fella's,

Hope you all had a bonza weekend!
    Went out to the range on Sunday morning and shot 3 stages of IPSC.
    Shot OK for an old fart but a bit out of practice!!!

gimp, the new CZ pistol, I would like to buy is the CZ-75 Tactical Sport!
    www.cz-usa.com
    It has a two tone finish, single action trigger and full length dust cover on the frame.
    Mmmmmm Dough-Nuts!!!

A couple of mates of mine, had organised a tactical sniper shoot on the NRAA 1000yard range next door, so I dropped in to see how things were going.
    They had 20 odd powder burners turn up. There were a several blokes from Sydney, one keen individual flew down from Brisbane and the rest were locals.
    They also had a pretty good day for it, weather wise and some nice pieces of kit!!!

Doh!
    Homer
    Last edited by Homer; 19-12-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    I brought a GCG 1911 in .22 with suppressor adaptor today

Now only if they would fix the range door key scanner

Squashed like a Flea
    G'Day Spanners,

Tell us a bit about the GCG 1911 .22?
    I had to go Google them to work out what they are, as I' don't think I have seen them before.
    I assume, being German, they would be well made!
    What is the Frame and Slide, made from?

Doh!
    Homer

They are an alloy of some sort.
    Weight is very close to a big boys gun, frame size is the same.
    They strip like a proper one and most parts that arnt 22 specific can be swapped out for aftermarket run of the mill 1911 stuff.

They are top of the 1911 .22 pile - there is some junk out there also

Squashed like a Flea
    Sounds pretty good Spanners!
    How does it shoot?

Doh!
    Homer

Dont know yet lol
    Apparently they are tack drivers

P38
    There are many .22 pistols out that can easily be classed as tack drivers..... in the right hands that is.

I have a S&W M41 that fits this description ........ Sadly its mostly when someone else is firing though.

Squashed like a Flea
    G'Day Fella's,

Funny you say that P38 (that's a great name), most of my firearms are like that too!

Double Doh!!
    Homer

Whats a tack driver?
    I have a S&W 22A, not a great gun, lots of misfires, regardless of ammo, still fun to shoot though!
    A golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.

'little groups'

Took the 45 and 455 out yesterday.. 455 is good fun.

Only got 1 round fired in 45.. next one went click and put a bullet just into the rifling....
    Must have short stoked the 650 when I had a bullet turn sideways and crush on case when seating.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by LyonRuge View Post
    Whats a tack driver?
    I have a S&W 22A, not a great gun, lots of misfires, regardless of ammo, still fun to shoot though!
    Yeah mate those 22a's are bad for that........ it's been a known fault since they first came on the market.

S&W pistols are sadly a no longer a sought after maker anymore

I'd seriously consider quitting it before it completely malfunctions.

The only way I know of how to sort this problem out is to get shot of that crap gun once and for all.

Sell it to old P38 for $50 and he'll do you a huge favour and make all those problems dissapear for you quick smart.

Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Yeah mate those 22a's are bad for that........ it's been a known fault since they first came on the market.

S&W pistols are sadly a no longer a sought after maker anymore

I'd seriously consider quitting it before it completely malfunctions.

The only way I know of how to sort this problem out is to get shot of that crap gun once and for all.

Sell it to old P38 for $50 and he'll do you a huge favour and make all those problems dissapear for you quick smart.
    Yeah, ive found if the barrell isnt perfectly clean, the round doesnt go all the way in, enough to trip the firing pin, but noe enough to crush the rim, it still puts a clean stamp on the rim, but doesnt fire it, might have to 'free up ' the breech a little! I also have a 1971 Walther GSP, has never misfired and is deadly accurate! guess thats the difference with the German guns eh!

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!