Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: TECT all terain park rifle range

Willie there is an public day at TECT park this Sunday. $15. Good range and good people that run it. Yes the rules are a bit intense but that's council land for ya. check it out and you can go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Waikato and by that i mean Hamilton, could really do with a range.
    Hamilton and surrounding area already have 3 ranges

Cheers Munks, it worked out fine to get the rifle sighted in at Rotorua. I was simply looking or options that day. I don't have an issue with TECT it simply wasn't the best option for me that day and as i still have legit access to Rotorua i would use that. I only needed to sight in after having work done on the rifle.
    Cheers for that.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Jones View Post
    Hamilton and surrounding area already have 3 ranges
    What ones Percy and how do you get access to them?
    Cheers

@Willie and a heads up to anyone else interested in the range at TECT Park:

while the range is situated in TECT Park, the range is leased and run by the NZDA BOP branch. All information is available on the BOP NZDA website including 2015 Range calendar, range standing orders and a bunch of other good info (monthly newsletter, notices, etc). Easy to find site via Google.
    Willie likes this.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

Hi Willie,
    I was there when you can to site in your rifle. As you can see we have been the victims of a smear campaign. Actually it was a well run campaign and they really threw everything they could... Lucky the truth is prevailing and people like yourself can talk from experience! As I mentioned before that all shooters are welcome to come and have a day with us.. We are having a Vietnam themed day on the 14th of Feb. so far we have 20+ shooters coming and many more from Auckland Service rifle association. There will be A cat guns to borrow on the day... Just bring your own ammo. And as we are renound for earing as well as shooting... There is a huge BBQ on also!!!
    Willie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    @Willie and a heads up to anyone else interested in the range at TECT Park:

while the range is situated in TECT Park, the range is leased and run by the NZDA BOP branch. All information is available on the BOP NZDA website including 2015 Range calendar, range standing orders and a bunch of other good info (monthly newsletter, notices, etc). Easy to find site via Google.
    Thanks Bryan, i appreciate your time with that posting. I did call them at TECT and unfortunately they didn't know too much about you. Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by wozza View Post
    Hi Willie,
    I was there when you can to site in your rifle. As you can see we have been the victims of a smear campaign. Actually it was a well run campaign and they really threw everything they could... Lucky the truth is prevailing and people like yourself can talk from experience! As I mentioned before that all shooters are welcome to come and have a day with us.. We are having a Vietnam themed day on the 14th of Feb. so far we have 20+ shooters coming and many more from Auckland Service rifle association. There will be A cat guns to borrow on the day... Just bring your own ammo. And as we are renound for earing as well as shooting... There is a huge BBQ on also!!!
    I might be pushing the limits with the lovely her indoors but might try and sort that out, 14th is our engagement anniversary but she forgot our wedding anniversary so i reacon i have one in the barrel. .223 if i remember rightly.
    I will always make my own opinion of people and what they represent and being Scottish i tend to back the guy getting shafted especially if he has tried to help me. What i saw at the range that day was honest people, safe people, and people having fun. No fuck ups and nice people allowing me to do my thing while they bbq'd. All of them spoke to me and were decent blokes.
    What ever your thoughts of a group make your own mind up and don't let idiots ruin it for you.
    I take it the venison is still welcomed, will see you there.
    If you don't like venison i am fucked cause that's all that is in the freezer!
    Munks1 likes this.

People, be happy, you guys are kind of "fighting" because what shooting range will suit you better, if you live where you don't have where to shoot than you would "fight/complain" about where I can go.
    I live the hard life, 2 ranges and the closest is 2 hours from my place.

Have a great weekend, get out and shoot, shoot some for me too.
    God bless!

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by PERRISCICABA View Post
    People, be happy, you guys are kind of "fighting" because what shooting range will suit you better, if you live where you don't have where to shoot than you would "fight/complain" about where I can go.
    I live the hard life, 2 ranges and the closest is 2 hours from my place.

Have a great weekend, get out and shoot, shoot some for me too.
    God bless!

Mac
    Cheers Mac, that's the issue no one was fighting or grumping till one person popped his ignorant head in and started casuing trouble. From what i can see all but one are happy as is.
    May all your shots be good ones.! Amen everyone
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

lol there are a lot of butt hurt people out there over the fact that we are still shooting service rifle. Hey @Willie being your wife a long. We want and encourage all ages, and genders to shoot with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    lol there are a lot of butt hurt people out there over the fact that we are still shooting service rifle. Hey @Willie being your wife a long. We want and encourage all ages, and genders to shoot with us.
    I think that is meant to read "bring" your wife along. Trust me she is a bloody good shot using the wrong eye and cack handed but nails the target every time. Also the little guy hates loud noises so not great for him. will egt a .22 that sounds like a sparrow fart when he is older and get him to learn on that.

See you the 14th!
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Otorohanga rifle club, and Hamilton/Whatawhata are both NRA clubs.
    Waikato rifles is a service rifle club

email me for details

gww.services@yahoo.co.nz

Just a update on CNIGC. It's now the 3rd largest SR club in NZ, it hosts the 2nd biggest SR competition in NZ. It's growing fast, and the Rotorua DeerStalkers are very happy with them. (As I'm in both clubs I can attest to that!)
    We are expanding our competitions this year to include a Vietnam era Rifle comp, an ANZAC day bolt action comp and having to increase the positions available for the club champs to 50.
    So for all the people who lied and spread those lies...bugger...the truth wins every time...
    Whilst we shoot predominately semi autos, and some of the older guys can't understand this...the numbers of rifles being sold show that this is the way forward in Shooting...
    CNIGC... IF ITS FUN, SAFE and LEGAL... WE'LL DO IT!
    Central North Island Gun Club (CNIGC)
    AzumitH, res, Koshogi and 1 others like this.