Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By bully
  • 2 Post By Marty Henry
  • 2 Post By Beaker
  • 1 Post By NZVarminter

Thread: TECT Park

TECT Park

Hey chaps. I see there is an open day this Sunday at the range. Need to sight in the new scope. Is it all weather? Do I need my own targets? Is it bench rest or lay down? Time allowed? And any forum peeps going to be there? Any help much appreciated. Thanks Mark

Ejected
    Hi,

Is it all weather? The shooting positions are undercover so I should assume so.

Do I need my own targets? Yeah bro. They have a few to print off here Rifle Range - New Zealand Deerstalkers Association (Bay of Plenty Branch) Inc. plus there's other info if you need it.

Is it bench rest or lay down? Both.

Time allowed? I only fire around 20 rounds through my tin foiled barrelled Kimber but I've never seen anyone asked to hurry up. People come & go all the time so there's never a long wait for a spot so you can hang onto yours. It starts at 9am and I'm always there then and people really start arriving after I leave, like about 10:30ish.

Have fun, the guys are really helpful there. I went up there without ever having fired a rifle really & didn't know anyone, they were super awesome.

Fulla
    Because the target backing boards will probably be wet... take a good size clear samwhich bag which will fit your target. Put your target in the bag and staple it on, shooting through the bag. This saves the ink running on your target and the paper going soft from the wet and tearing off.
    Can also use clear envelope type files. Like what's used in a book type cv.
    Beaker, Gibo and GMH72 like this.

Clever bully

Very clever give that man a waikato.
    Pointer and bully like this.

Hey guys. Thanks for the input will be there at 9 before the traffic arrives. Great tip on the target weather proofing. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Very clever give that man a waikato.
    Lets not, he is smart and dont want to poison him
    mikee and Tommy like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Ejected
    @IMORTAL how did you go?

Yeap pretty good. Very helpful bunch. Will be back. Pod spikes were a pain until one of the rangies said there is a sand box at one end for that reason, only he did say that as I was packing up haha. Hope one day they stretch it out a bit further to around 600m

Re TECT Park Range... no problems with power. We have single phase to the 300m range. (Think motorsport guys on east side might have limitations for what they need..power for drag strip etc)

No problem with consent..already have it for current and future ranges.

Funding always a challenge.

The NZDA lease include separate areas for 100m, 450m and 900m ranges to be developed in the future. We could build the 100m one tomorrow if needed, but the 450 and 900m areas are under tree harvest contracts and not due for harvest until 2023. If we can demonstrate interest/demand for 900m range we could explore options for earlier development but main focus at present is on completing the 300m range including amenity building and running bore range (suitable for big bore) within 300m lease area.
    Kscott likes this.