Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: YouShop sucks

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Youshop is youshit
    Pooshop

  2. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    190
    Thanks guys lesson learnt. Yes you can order from the diminishing number of retailers who will accept PayPal or an international credit card. The problem with this approach is that they don't understand the cost of freight or what a padded envelope is so you pay $50 for something then the same in postage to get it here. Which was were {insert name of offending company} came in, reasonable shipping and pretty good service well used to be!

  3. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South of Christchurch
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Ordering direct from brownells if it's something they stock is the simplest way to get stuff because they just ship it direct via usps.
    what will they ship and what will they not?

  4. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shaky City
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Pooshop
    pooshit
    timattalon likes this.

  5. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shaky City
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermastor View Post
    Thanks guys lesson learnt. Yes you can order from the diminishing number of retailers who will accept PayPal or an international credit card. The problem with this approach is that they don't understand the cost of freight or what a padded envelope is so you pay $50 for something then the same in postage to get it here. Which was were {insert name of offending company} came in, reasonable shipping and pretty good service well used to be!
    Yes but by the time you pay the domestic us shipping (sometime free), the us sales tax and the pooshit fees then you are up to $50 anyway.

    Visa pressy cards get around most issues with NZ credit card.

  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shaky City
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by scottrods View Post
    what will they ship and what will they not?
    When you search you can filter on things that can be shipped internationally. When you look at an item it lists it's restrictions and you want to see "gun parts over $99 can't be shipped outside of the US" which means it can be if it's under $99.

    USPS shipping from them is normally $20 for small stuff.

    They review your order, remove anything that they can't ship and then calculate and add shipping. You don't see the shipping cost at the checkout so you have to have a little faith.

    It's the perfect place to buy parts for the AR you are about to purchase.

  7. #22
    Member Beetroot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Morrinsville
    Posts
    948
    Natchez ship internationally

  8. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South of Christchurch
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    When you search you can filter on things that can be shipped internationally. When you look at an item it lists it's restrictions and you want to see "gun parts over $99 can't be shipped outside of the US" which means it can be if it's under $99.

    USPS shipping from them is normally $20 for small stuff.

    They review your order, remove anything that they can't ship and then calculate and add shipping. You don't see the shipping cost at the checkout so you have to have a little faith.

    It's the perfect place to buy parts for the AR you are about to purchase.
    When they come for your AR, I will still have my Marlin lever action.

  9. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shaky City
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by scottrods View Post
    When they come for your AR, I will still have my Marlin lever action.
    You will miss out on your free E cat is what you really mean.
    mikee likes this.

  10. #25
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,466
    Quote Originally Posted by scottrods View Post
    When they come for your AR, I will still have my Marlin lever action.
    Well they better have a whopping cheque book then
    If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.

  11. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South of Christchurch
    Posts
    1,268
    I honestly don't like ARs.
    I prefer my knives and guns somewhat traditional.
    Each to their own.
    timattalon and systolic like this.

  12. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shaky City
    Posts
    1,443
    Firearms fashion is a very individual thing so I respect that but to my way of thinking the AR design is older than transistors and man landing on the moon so it's fairly traditional to me.
    mikee, Angus_A, stretch and 1 others like this.

  13. #28
    MIA somewhere in Nam 300CALMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Reluctantly JAFA
    Posts
    2,086
    Yes AR15s a 1950's design.

  14. #29
    Member DemocKot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    New Zealand/Russia
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post

    Visa pressy cards get around most issues with NZ credit card.
    People I know have been using a virtual card for US purchases and on aliexpress etc so if its hacked only whats on the balance is taken so not problem if its your main card and you control the balance available on the card .
    I have not used this system but might be worth a look......
    https://www.entropay.com/
    Xорошая охота была, Нормальная, вполне

  15. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    I have a buddy in Kentucky who just sends me things. For similar reasons you're going through, YouShop is a royal pain.
    I think everybody needs at least one buddy in Kentucky. Or Arkansas. They're toughnuts too.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-05-2017, 10:52 PM
  2. WTF youshop!
    By scottrods in forum Gear and Equipment
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 17-10-2016, 10:17 AM
  3. youshop etc
    By yerimaginaryM8 in forum Gear and Equipment
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-07-2016, 11:35 PM
  4. Youshop
    By muzz333 in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-02-2014, 10:35 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 13-01-2012, 01:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!