Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree15Likes
  • 6 Post By howaenfield
  • 3 Post By deepsouthaussie
  • 1 Post By Sideshow
  • 1 Post By jakewire
  • 1 Post By Fireflite
  • 1 Post By Bremic
  • 1 Post By howaenfield
  • 1 Post By Dead is better

Thread: Another Aussie/newbie/all round hunting rookie and annoying bastard

Another Aussie/newbie/all round hunting rookie and annoying bastard

G'day blokes, how's it going? Name is Harry, I'm from Stanthorpe on the Qld/NSW border in the high country and am currently enjoying my last couple of days in your truly lovely country on my honeymoon.

I have to say both myself and my wife are having a bit of a hard time thinking of many reasons we should really continue living in Aus after being here! Other than the wage and my family in particular, we're pretty damned inclined to save as hard as we can and buy a house in cash here (we especially love Wanganui - beach, mountains, deer all round, a pretty town and very affordable housing!).

So I guess I won't really be able to contribute a great deal in regards to hunting topics from experience (as I've done very little of it so far unfortunately) but I'll be that one really annoying newbie who asks way too many questions I'd like to just gleen as much info about your country and many aspects of it (including hunting and shooting sports of course!) and in general participate in your banter

Been reading a fair few of your media threads to get an idea of how the media treats you guys here. Whilst there's many aspects of Oz I do like the vicious media treatment towards hunters/gun owners back home angers me to the point of wanting to just get out of the country completely (especially after this Adler shotgun fiasco... and next year it'll be the 20th anniversary since the PAM... that'll be fun, not).

Anyways, love the cooler weather here, the scenery, the hunting opportunities, your much more reasonably priced real estate, and just about everyone we've met has been very welcoming. So here's hoping one day we'll be living and raising a family here... now I'll shut up... that was a bloody long winded intro, my apologies!
    EeeBees, Pengy, kotuku and 3 others like this.

Welcome Harry! The more Aussies we can get the better.. the take over begins. moohahahha
    Pengy, Sideshow and howaenfield like this.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthaussie View Post
    Welcome Harry! The more Aussies we can get the better.. the take over begins. moohahahha
    Come on we all know you have been practicing the Haka in secret. Better tell Howy he needs to as well if he's coming to live here....
    howaenfield likes this.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Just what the country needs, "Another bloody Aussie",
    Welcome in mate.
    howaenfield likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Welcome Harry, Just pretend your undesirable Kiwi's and your Government will give you guy's a free one way flight!
    howaenfield likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by howaenfield View Post
    G'day blokes, how's it going? Name is Harry, I'm from Stanthorpe on the Qld/NSW border in the high country and am currently enjoying my last couple of days in your truly lovely country on my honeymoon.

I have to say both myself and my wife are having a bit of a hard time thinking of many reasons we should really continue living in Aus after being here! Other than the wage and my family in particular, we're pretty damned inclined to save as hard as we can and buy a house in cash here (we especially love Wanganui - beach, mountains, deer all round, a pretty town and very affordable housing!).

So I guess I won't really be able to contribute a great deal in regards to hunting topics from experience (as I've done very little of it so far unfortunately) but I'll be that one really annoying newbie who asks way too many questions I'd like to just gleen as much info about your country and many aspects of it (including hunting and shooting sports of course!) and in general participate in your banter

Been reading a fair few of your media threads to get an idea of how the media treats you guys here. Whilst there's many aspects of Oz I do like the vicious media treatment towards hunters/gun owners back home angers me to the point of wanting to just get out of the country completely (especially after this Adler shotgun fiasco... and next year it'll be the 20th anniversary since the PAM... that'll be fun, not).

Anyways, love the cooler weather here, the scenery, the hunting opportunities, your much more reasonably priced real estate, and just about everyone we've met has been very welcoming. So here's hoping one day we'll be living and raising a family here... now I'll shut up... that was a bloody long winded intro, my apologies!
    Howa, I did it nearly 20 years ago, not long after the event you speak of. I was from WA, so took some getting used to the ease of things here.
    howaenfield likes this.

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas! Sideshow, I'll do my best at learning the haka, though a skinny nerdy looking white bloke in glasses doing it would be a sight for laughs

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one here who has/wants to make the move Bremic. I sometimes feel like I'm being a little over the top in wanting to make the move when all things considered, I've got it pretty good in Aus compared to how some people around the world live... but UnZud just seems better and more home to us in many many ways!

Today we head back to Wellington to catch a flight back to Brisbane tomorrow morning... I'm going to miss this place. Though wifey and I have decided to come back again, possibly in winter during my job's off season, just to keep our motivation up to keep tucking the money away for a house here.

Thank you again kindly for having me guys!
    mikee likes this.

There's always the Aussie Haka y'know. Gets you out of buying the next round
    mikee likes this.