Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hi from Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by foureyes View Post
    Thanks for the welcome.

Not sure if this is the right place in the forum for this question but I'd thought I'd ask anyway. I was thinking of applying for a NZ visitors firearms licence for my next trip over, and I wanted to find out how to organise firearm safe storage as part of the requirements for the licence. I remember applying via the NZ Police website and it said I needed the details and address of an already licenced person.
    It's actually not a requirement for the licence. Only if your bringing one into the country. This section was crossed out on my licence. If you choose to purchase one while you're here, just ensure that you have found a suitable place to store it.

Just get your licence at the airport, Police counter near the baggage collection. You do not need to apply online. You will require an Australian Firearms licence, if you came from a country were firearms licences were not required (USA), you would not need that.

Remember that while it is valid for a year, it expires as soon as you leave the country. So you must reapply if you come back in, even if your previous licence "would" still be valid.

Welcome...I looked at getting a licence in Victoria a couple of years ago to allow me to shoot stubble quail and ducks...holey moley what a rigmorale!! In the end I didnt go down that track...too hard basket...what with having to provide a map of the property to shoot on, name, rank and serial number of the owner, yardy yardy yardy....
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...