Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Hi there, new member

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    That saiga mkII looks good, better then the mk1 at petone, and im thinking these would have plenty of russian surplus ammo for cheaper then most?? Also made in same factory as ak47 a big plus over norinco aswell.

ive had this mauser in my T.M watchlist for a little while Swedish Mauser m/1938 Rifle | Trade Me
    looks nice, but probably be gone by the time i get FAL
    "All serial numbers match (some of the numbers are vibropeened on the bolt) "

That should not be vibropeened IMHO???? though I am not expert on them, in which case I would not touch it with a barge pole. Most of the parts will be serial number stamped if only the last 3 digits, if its not I'd not go near it. Next he's claiming the brass marker indicates it has a great barrel, well a) that was when it was last inspected 30+ years ago and b) they are often forged. Obvious sales pitch to be wary of.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    I just recently traded an '81 Z28 Camaro on a 2004 HSV GTO Le coupe, and have imported a '91 GMC stepside 350 as my fun machine. I shudder to think of the number of 1930's V8 coupes that we stripped out for grass-track racing in the '60's!
    Thanks for the welcome gundoc, all cool cars there. Id like an old c10 as a work ute, that wound be way better then my hiace. My weekender is a 67 fury, stroked big block..low n loud.

Thanks Stephen, i think ill leave buying an old gun till i know what im talkn about so i dont get sucked in on a sales pitch.
    If i were to look at the ar15 route, whats a good starting point, i like the look of the s&w m&p 15, S&W M&P15 SPORT 5.56 NATO A or E Cat
    at $1800 its kinda in my budget (in a month or two) usa made? and a reputable brand

Ah its 1000yds not 300yds So I will not be there, probably kaitoke as I need to set my Pattern1914 sights up
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Wink

Thanks for the advice everyone.
    Ive been in contact with WSRA and am going along to the Waitangi day .22 shoot to have a look and maybe have a shoot. Will bring my partner down as well, as she is also getting interested in shooting too, due to me going on and on....
    Thinking bout a ar15 first off, but will wait n see what I like after having a go at the range.