Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: introduction

welcome

welcome to the darkside my son .tis a tribe of assorted laddies and lassies who leap furtively about mountain forestt and waterholes ,furtively peeking at assorted wildlife before emtting large bangs with assorted metal ,plastic and sometimes wood clad devices.
    most of the recipients of these activities end up in our wee fat bellies (burp).
    bugger missed an oscar with that .stinks eh!yeah as said welcome on board ,great place with endless knowledge, resources, and bloody good company .whats m,oreshes all free of charge.
    dont worry about inexperience -we all start somewhere. me -me -goosehunter -at present keener than a lab parked at a butchers counter,and geeting amongst em.

If you stop learning you are dead .
    There is no right or wrong calibre to use.
    Just make sure its 270 or 22-250 and you can,t go wrong.
    Love walking my gun

Thank's Dougie,

that's where I'm heading one in every calibre seems to be the easy answer to my problems ha
    Cyclops likes this.

Welcome Pinkmist.
    As most have said lots of information here and people always happy to help.
    One piece of advice shop around! Don't be fooled in to the salesman's lines and if possible try before you buy.
    Have a very good think about the area you will be hunting for the most part and get a rifle that suits the conditions. Ask lots of questions and instead of making a snap buy go away and think about it. If that rifle comes up nicely and the scope works for you then you will enjoy it so much more. Unless you have unlimited funds then go crazy I say.
    I recently had to upgrade my scope as my right eye is getting shitter by the day and now I have more confidence in taking the shot, more powerful scope and clearer glass and can't wait for bambi to pop it's head out.
    If you are hunting the Kaimais you don't need a 24x variable lens more a 3x9 or a 4x16 well unless you are half blind and in which case it may work.
    Good luck fella and if you want to try a 7mm08 that is supressed and I am heading to the range more than happy to accommodate you. It's good out to 400metres, Happy can make it good to 500 he's a bloody good shot that one.
    Welcome.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.