Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Should have done this ages ago

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Gibo is the deep and meaningful silent type. Ha ha ha ha. Welcome Jamie. I am surprised that no one has poked borax at your choice of calibre. I can't because I own one.
    He just new he will learn
    naarcosisnz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    He just new he will learn

Welcome aboard Jamie. Good to have another South Islander around to bolster numbers. Be ready to get a ribbing about your rifle choice, but there's a few staunch buggers on here that'll help defend your honour. They'll work out eventually it is the king of calibers. I think it's that swill up there they drink, must have mind altering properties.
    I've just put the boy though the HUNTs course. We've never been members, but put our names down on the list. At the South Canterbury branch the course included a 6 month sub. Well worth it IMHO
    Anyway, enjoy your stay and have fun
    naarcosisnz likes this.

Welcome aboard mate......
    naarcosisnz likes this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Welcome aboard Jamie. Good to have another South Islander around to bolster numbers. Be ready to get a ribbing about your rifle choice, but there's a few staunch buggers on here that'll help defend your honour. They'll work out eventually it is the king of calibers. I think it's that swill up there they drink, must have mind altering properties.
    I've just put the boy though the HUNTs course. We've never been members, but put our names down on the list. At the South Canterbury branch the course included a 6 month sub. Well worth it IMHO
    Anyway, enjoy your stay and have fun
    Thanks Oraki! That's really interesting regarding the HUNTS course. I'm going to do that and see what happens.

I'm not too concerned about getting into debates on caliber choices and I'm sure there are the die hards who swear by their choices and years of experience. Being 5mins in the game I can't compete with that, I always take peoples opinion into consideration and then make my own educated decisions from there. It's like anything you do, there are always those for and those against....(and vice versa). At the end of the day, for me this hobby/sport is something that I can't spend thousands of dollars on (I already have an astronomy hobby which sees me walking the fine line between happy home and divorce ), but hunting and being outdoors in the mountains and away with mates is another away to unwind and escape the day to day city life....and hey at the end of it there is always the possibility of coming home with some nice meat for the dinner table and a good story to tell.

Thanks again for the info on the HUNTS course....
    TheJanitar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by naarcosisnz View Post
    Thanks Oraki! That's really interesting regarding the HUNTS course. I'm going to do that and see what happens.

I'm not too concerned about getting into debates on caliber choices and I'm sure there are the die hards who swear by their choices and years of experience. Being 5mins in the game I can't compete with that, I always take peoples opinion into consideration and then make my own educated decisions from there. It's like anything you do, there are always those for and those against....(and vice versa). At the end of the day, for me this hobby/sport is something that I can't spend thousands of dollars on (I already have an astronomy hobby which sees me walking the fine line between happy home and divorce ), but hunting and being outdoors in the mountains and away with mates is another away to unwind and escape the day to day city life....and hey at the end of it there is always the possibility of coming home with some nice meat for the dinner table and a good story to tell.

Thanks again for the info on the HUNTS course....
    I would say your caliber is fine! the typical 7/08 308 cals are more suited for north island hunting IMO. 270 is perfect for south island, flatter trajectory and more knockdown power for hunting tahr in the tops
    naarcosisnz likes this.
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?

Welcome welcome