Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cameras

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Dave look into the Micro 4/3 camera. They have a bunch of benefits like the SLR with lens interchangeability. Most are mirrorless and more compact too.
    You are also not that bad a shot behind the camera. The Olympus PEN and E-M series are the front runners here.
    +1 to this. I have a big full frame DSLR, takes beautiful photos thats for sure, but its bloody heavy and big... Hence why I am selling it and have bought a Micro 4/3 camera to replace it. I have a Olympus OMD EM-1. Weather sealed with either a 12-40 or 12-50 kit lense. With an ultrawide lense (9-18), 12-50 lense that I got with it, and the body, it takes up less room and weighs less that my full frame body on its own... I think it takes as good, if not better photos that my full frame camera (i'll put some up at some stage if I remember). I am going to get a 40-150 zoom lense for it, apparently it is a great lense with image quality well above its price. The Olympus PEN series would be well worth looking at as well as they are significantly cheaper than the one I purchased. I was looking for the weather sealing and to replace a full frame camera so coughed up for the EM-1...
    Last edited by The Claw; 01-04-2014 at 10:30 AM.
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Claw ,

Does your camera have a ability to use a wire less remote ?

Cheers Chris

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Yes, I believe so... Camera has its own private wireless network so can connect to it with a smart phone using the Olympus app. Can then have live view, control camera function, transfer and edit photos etc. Quite a cool app...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Gone But Not Forgotten
    You're better off buying good glass for a DSLR than buying a more expensive camera. The cameras devalue so quickly because of changing technology. Lenses, well there's not too much to change and they hold their value extremely well. The cheap kit lenses you get with a lot of DSLR kits are basically pretty low quality with plastic mounts and some even have plastic lenses inside. Always try and buy good glass and that doesn't always mean a lens with a fast aperture unless you have a specific need for it.

Nikon vs Canon. Personal choice, one is no better in the other and depends on what particular feature you like on either. The same applies to their lenses. Canon is more common in NZ and Oz because they have a larger network here. In Europe, Nikon is probably more common. In North America, Canon is more common.

If you want to use your camera out hunting then I would suggest a really top quality point and shoot such as the Canon G10, G11, G12 or similar. Superb little cameras with very high quality lenses. You'll get sharper, truer colours and overall superior image quality with one of those than a DSLR with a cheap kit lens. Also to get one of those little tripods that clamp around branches.

Just my 2 cents worth after forty plus years of photography, some of it professional.

K95
    Has anyone looked at Nikon AW1? Water and shock proof. Looks like a camera for me, hard to kill.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr-Bound View Post
    Has anyone looked at Nikon AW1? Water and shock proof. Looks like a camera for me, hard to kill.
    They look like a hell of a lot camera for the money and perfect for hunting and fishing. Thanks for bringing it to our attention TB. Think I'll have to get one.

K95
    After a new set of feet for the ute, I'll be getting one too. 400fps slow motion etc sounds like the biz.