Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By distant stalker

Thread: T5 Muzzle brake.

T5 Muzzle brake.

I have made another in my series of brakes for the Cheytac size case.

My daughter Ashlee has tested it no problem

Here is a video of the action, 425 grains @ 3079 fps out of the 375 DCM

Anyone would think your sole purpose in having a daughter was to demonstrate the efficiency of your brakes haha
    199p and 338 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by horihunter View Post
    Anyone would think your sole purpose in having a daughter was to demonstrate the efficiency of your brakes haha
    She does do it well
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

This is the brake I PM'd you about. I put a Muscle Magnum 4 Port on my Edge in spite of the maker's claim that the next down would be quite satisfactory. When I asked if there would be any positive increase by "going oversize" the response was "minute." I am very happy with this rifle; a good deal of that sentiment originates with the brake's effectiveness. I plan on either making a heavier Edge of getting up into Cheytac territory, but haven't decided on 338Snipetac, 338 Cheytac, 375 Cheytac, or 375 Snipetac. Because the Edge does so well I feel pushed both ways; do another, heavier Edge building on my experience in all phases of it, or attempting to begin anew, stepping up the effective range and delivery of heavier payload at those longer ranges. Just now I'm unconvinced that stepping up will yield any significant, realistic, and pragmatic, positive. However, I'll sure be spending a sack of loot! How'd you like that for wandering--circling the subject? Always appreciate your input here--or at LRH, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    I have made another in my series of brakes for the Cheytac size case.

My daughter Ashlee has tested it no problem

Here is a video of the action, 425 grains @ 3079 fps out of the 375 DCM

Quote Originally Posted by alcesgigas View Post
    This is the brake I PM'd you about. I put a Muscle Magnum 4 Port on my Edge in spite of the maker's claim that the next down would be quite satisfactory. When I asked if there would be any positive increase by "going oversize" the response was "minute." I am very happy with this rifle; a good deal of that sentiment originates with the brake's effectiveness. I plan on either making a heavier Edge of getting up into Cheytac territory, but haven't decided on 338Snipetac, 338 Cheytac, 375 Cheytac, or 375 Snipetac. Because the Edge does so well I feel pushed both ways; do another, heavier Edge building on my experience in all phases of it, or attempting to begin anew, stepping up the effective range and delivery of heavier payload at those longer ranges. Just now I'm unconvinced that stepping up will yield any significant, realistic, and pragmatic, positive. However, I'll sure be spending a sack of loot! How'd you like that for wandering--circling the subject? Always appreciate your input here--or at LRH, thanks.
    LOL.

That was a wandering circle

I have found that "over braking" can hurt brake performance a little or provide the same recoil reduction.

This I believe is due to gas velocity & volume through the ports.

If I was you I would step up to a 375.

Yes they will cost more to run, but if you want to shoot right out there, 12-1500 plus they are the way to go.

Terminal performance is hard to quantify at the moment but it will surely get better as time goes on & more people are shooting the 375s.

Having said that a 338 Cheytac imp is a significant step up from the Edge & much more sensible than building another "bigger, better" Edge.

There are other cartridges available between the Edge & Cheytac, like Kirbys Raptor, that could be worth a look at in the future.

Cheers Greg.

Cutting Edge Bullets Terminator's Avatar
    I've fired a few 425gr CE myself using the T5 brake in my own 375 and would highly recommend it over any other brake on the market if your serious about taming recoil

PS: Greg has tested the T5 against some of the best brakes out there one of them being kirbys Allens 5 port pain killer brake that I was going to use for my 375 build, after seeing the recoil difference myself I just had to have a T5.
    Last edited by Terminator; 08-01-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    1000yds is fun, 1500yds is getting interesting, 2000yds is exciting, 2500yds will blow your mind

Just ordered one from Greg. Anticipating the recoil already

I have a 375 SnipeTac (pretty much the 375Extreme that was mentioned) that is about to come my way and the only thing missing was a decent brake on there. The T5 got my attention and I love Greg's video's wit the rifle just about to fly off the table

Send it!