Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 283 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181955105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 4235
Like Tree4481Likes

Thread: Dinner thread?

  1. #61
    Member Malhunting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    935
    Listen to you, talking all flash chef and everything, in my house its fucken desert!
    veitnamcam, R93 and JoshC like this.

  2. #62
    Member JoshC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southland/Otago
    Posts
    2,634
    Bahahaha
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

  3. #63
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    11,560
    Josh must have got the details from his wife to sound all flash. I hope?
    You would have to be worried about him, if he didn't.
    I hope you get plenty of Josh time after helping her make that. If I tried to spend that long in the kitchen with my wife, I doubt one of us would make it out alive. When you said "we" you meant you yelled moral support from the lounge while watching a replay of last nights Rugby lesson dished out by the AB's eh?
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  4. #64
    Member JoshC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southland/Otago
    Posts
    2,634
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Josh must have got the details from his wife to sound all flash. I hope?
    You would have to be worried about him, if he didn't.
    I hope you get plenty of Josh time after helping her make that. If I tried to spend that long in the kitchen with my wife, I doubt one of us would make it out alive. When you said "we" you meant you yelled moral support from the lounge while watching a replay of last nights Rugby lesson dished out by the AB's eh?
    Nah mate I did actually know what it was because I did help make it. Like anything, if you follow a recipe its piss easy. We ate it while watching the rugby. My missus is a rugby nut.

    I'm pretty capable in the kitchen, if I do say so myself. Haha. I tend to avoid it if at all possible, but will help out if the missus asks me too. Quite enjoy building cakes, as long as I get to lick the bowl afterwards...never too old for that!
    R93 likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

  5. #65
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    11,560
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Nah mate I did actually know what it was because I did help make it. Like anything, if you follow a recipe its piss easy. We ate it while watching the rugby. My missus is a rugby nut.

    I'm pretty capable in the kitchen, if I do say so myself. Haha. I tend to avoid it if at all possible, but will help out if the missus asks me too. Quite enjoy building cakes, as long as I get to lick the bowl afterwards...never too old for that!
    I'm just secretly jealous as I think I can cook alright but I can't bake.
    My scones can be machined down to 6.5 projectiles and used for long range gong shoots.
    veitnamcam, Dundee, JoshC and 1 others like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  6. #66
    Member JoshC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southland/Otago
    Posts
    2,634
    Haha fair enough!
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

  7. #67
    Gone But Not Forgotten Toby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Posts
    11,099
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I'm just secretly jealous as I think I can cook alright but I can't bake.
    My scones can be machined down to 6.5 projectiles and used for long range gong shoots.
    Can you bake us some amaxs?
    VIVA LA HOWA

  8. #68
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    11,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Can you bake us some amaxs?
    Only if you promise to use them on 12" thick biz alloy plates.
    I doubt a scone projectile would have a very good BC so ya may want a scope with a heap of elevation.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  9. #69
    Gone But Not Forgotten Toby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Posts
    11,099
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Only if you promise to use them on 12" thick biz alloy plates.
    I doubt a scone projectile would have a very good BC so ya may want a scope with a heap of elevation.
    I spose I could use my hunting skills and stalk that gong closer.
    VIVA LA HOWA

  10. #70
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    11,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I spose I could use my hunting skills and stalk that gong closer.
    Your getting ahead of yourself now master Toby. Gong stalking is an art.
    BRADS likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  11. #71
    Gone But Not Forgotten Toby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Posts
    11,099
    Master Toby..... Got that right
    veitnamcam and Gibo like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

  12. #72
    Member Maca49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    14,108
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Made it for a mates bday, it's a basic croquembouche. Basically choux pastry profiteroles filled with vanilla and chocolate custard and then coated in spun suger or caramel, then we added mixed berries and melted white chocolate. Good chewing.
    Yeah, yeah ,yeah rub it in yah spoiled bugger!!
    R93 and JoshC like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  13. #73
    OPCz Rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Posts
    24,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Malhunting View Post
    Listen to you, talking all flash chef and everything, in my house its fucken desert!
    I will see your "dessert" and raise you a common "pudding"
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  14. #74
    Gone But Not Forgotten Toby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Posts
    11,099
    I made tea again tonight, mum made stuffing though.

    Name:  965201_661920540485203_1960790714_o.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  167.2 KB

    Name:  965917_661920923818498_823287914_o.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  220.3 KB
    VIVA LA HOWA

  15. #75
    Member Dundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Way East of D'Vagas
    Posts
    15,470
    good stuff Toby,we had potatoe bake and vennison steak. mmmmmmmmmm yuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...7&font=cursive

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Rum Thread
    By kiwijames in forum Off topic
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 09-07-2016, 07:20 AM
  2. Dinner tonight...
    By EeeBees in forum Game Cooking and Recipes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 24-05-2015, 08:05 PM
  3. kids collecting dinner
    By greghud in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-02-2014, 01:51 PM
  4. Christmas dinner
    By hunter308 in forum Off topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-08-2012, 11:25 AM
  5. venison before breakfast, paua by dinner
    By greghud in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-03-2012, 01:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!