Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By oneshot

Thread: Feral Pork Sausage

Feral Pork Sausage

I've got a few kilos of mince from a small boar and was thinking of making some sausages.
    Never made any sort of sausage before so any recipes and general tips on the art of sausage making would be hugely appreciated.
    Hunting is relaxing just like Yoga except I get to kill something.
    If it Flies it dies and if it hops it drops.

This was my last effort of wild pork snarlers, I just keep it simple, a bit of pepper, salt, perhaps a touch garlic if your inclined. they taste to good to mess around with a lot of spices which will disguise the flavour. Arrow root powder or milk powder makes a good binding agent. 100% Pork, don't add any crap like bread crumbs or stuff like that.
    Here is a good guide to follow Sausage Recipe

Name:  232323232fp__7_nu=59___75;_24__WSNRCG=33_856826;33;nu0mrj[1].jpg
Views: 1685
Size:  55.5 KB
    veitnamcam, ebf, Pengy and 1 others like this.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Thanks for the feed back.
    How much binder per kg of meat do I need. I looked in the link you posted but couldn't find it.
    Hunting is relaxing just like Yoga except I get to kill something.
    If it Flies it dies and if it hops it drops.

This is another link I get my info from, there are so many different things you can use as a binder, just use what you can get the easiest. 1-2% binder or around 2oz per 25 pounds of meat, Arrow root works well. soy, vegetable protein powder. instead of adding water or vinegar as some recipes suggest, you can try wine, for venny a sweet red wine is nice. I have only ever made plain pork sossys with salt and pepper.

General Tips for Sausage Making
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Last lot of wild pork sausages I had made was a few years ago and I had sth waikato home kills in tokoroa do them they were 100% wild pork, no lamb fat to be added was stipulated as I wanted them as lean as possible and they came out great and even better with a glass of cabernet sauvignon (and I hate wine lol but with wild pork it is the ducks nuts)
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    This was my last effort of wild pork snarlers, I just keep it simple, a bit of pepper, salt, perhaps a touch garlic if your inclined. they taste to good to mess around with a lot of spices which will disguise the flavour. Arrow root powder or milk powder makes a good binding agent. 100% Pork, don't add any crap like bread crumbs or stuff like that.
    Here is a good guide to follow Sausage Recipe

Attachment 31804
    But Mexican beer ?
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Mexican beer for this gringo