Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: MaiMai food

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    We stay at our opening day pond from noon fri to noon sun. We back the truck in and load up our hut behind the maimai with Port, heaps of speights, Steak, Bacon, Eggs, seafood chowder the latest deer is at the butchers so there will be patties, sausages and salami plus the wife's baking. We dont go without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is my kind of mai mai, except as much as I love bacon, as soon as it hits your guts, you need a dump...you take a dump...the ducks come in...your mates start shooting...some thing has to give...cut short the dump...careless and carefree with the wiping...known as stink-arse for the rest of the day...or if its a weekend...crusty
    Lentil and Scouser like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    This is my kind of mai mai, except as much as I love bacon, as soon as it hits your guts, you need a dump...you take a dump...the ducks come in...your mates start shooting...some thing has to give...cut short the dump...careless and carefree with the wiping...known as stink-arse for the rest of the day...or if its a weekend...crusty
    Brekkie is 10am usually so no issues there! Baby wipes!!!
    Scouser likes this.

Always bacon, eggs and hash browns, followed by cups of coffee. The cooking is one of my duties, along with providing the transport, filming the action, and plucking ducks. Reuben likes to keep the old man busy you see. Doesn't want me to get bored and start blowing my caller.
    Scouser likes this.
    Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion

Not much for me. A few biscuits, bier sticks, maybe some scones and a flash of hot water for some cup a soup.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    We stay at our opening day pond from noon fri to noon sun. We back the truck in and load up our hut behind the maimai with Port, heaps of speights, Steak, Bacon, Eggs, seafood chowder the latest deer is at the butchers so there will be patties, sausages and salami plus the wife's baking. We dont go without.

Fukin oath you dont.....banquet.....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    Fukin oath you dont.....banquet.....
    We start the real hunting sunday night with out the kitchen sink. There is always a sip of port and B&E for brekkie tho.

Scouser likes this.

On the Wednesday before opening get your stock pot out. Chuck in a leg of mutton and some spuds boil for 2 hours and turn off. Thursday add Kumara and bacon bones.
    Boil for another 2 hours. Friday add some greenery - cabbage , watercress if you have it. Boil for another hour. Have a feed. Top it up with more meat and veg. Boil again.
    Come Saturday in the mai mai just crank that pot on when the hunger pains come. If it starts getting down just pluck a fat drake or two and throw them in too. 2 loaves of buttered
    bread and thats food for the weekend.
    Other variants could include but not limited too Pumpkin , Weka , Swedes , Parsnip , Whole Ham , Silverbeet .
    Scouser likes this.

Keep safe in the hills! Gunzrrr's Avatar
    Always the same +++ porridge before we head to the pond and we shoot til 10am ... then guns down and in the maimai we have stove top warmed ham and egg pie, cheese and crackers with sun-dried tomatoes, bell peppers stuffed with feta cheese, special coffees ... and too many rollies (for a bunch of non smokers).
    Scouser likes this.

Anyone going out in Nelson region?
    I have a welcoming stick but think it would be pretty crap for shooting ducks unless they were busting down the front door.
    Not necessarily opening weekend but would be keen to come out and see how its done one day, can supply a pie/veni stew whatever, will retrieve over land(can swim but not my strong point) in return for a duck or two and instruction on what the hell to do with it.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I am sure some one down there will get you into it
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Anyone going out in Nelson region?
    I have a welcoming stick but think it would be pretty crap for shooting ducks unless they were busting down the front door.
    Not necessarily opening weekend but would be keen to come out and see how its done one day, can supply a pie/veni stew whatever, will retrieve over land(can swim but not my strong point) in return for a duck or two and instruction on what the hell to do with it.
    VC if youre down in CHCH in may drop me a line -ill gladly arrange a wee outing .youd be more than welcome!
    veitnamcam likes this.

Unlikely Im afraid but thanks for the offer
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.