Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Cool 2x MDT Tac 21 Builds, Remington 700 and Remington 700 5R

New to the HuntingandShooting page so i thought i would share some of my rifle builds!
    I Bought my first Remington 700 5R, Had a H S Precision chassis, Timney Blue Trigger, Vortex Viper PTS 4-16x50 ffp MOA Scope, Aftermarker Bolt Handle, bipod and Finished off with a gunworks Suppressor. The Guy i bought it off Decided it would be a good ldea to spray paint (Krylon) the Receiver, bolt, barrel and suppressor all desert brown which ive been meaning to get rid of for quite some time now but just havent got around to it! So here's a quick picture of how i bought it!
    Name:  IMG_4446.JPG
Views: 2289
Size:  211.7 KBName:  IMG_4499.jpg
Views: 3144
Size:  806.8 KB

So thats when i Bought the Remington 700 5R, ive enjoyed it thoroughly while ive had it with the H S Precision stock but i wanted an upgrade and after alot of reasearch i went with the MDT Tac 21 and was lucky enough to get it at a Steal with a Pistol grip and Magpul CTR stock!
    I really want to get rid of all the spray paint off it and if anyone has any great ways of doing this can you please let me know! The stuffs everywhere and i also need to get it off my scope!!
    Anyway ill post some pictures with the MDT installed and some pictures of the scope thats spray painted.
    Name:  IMG_5138.jpg
Views: 1809
Size:  452.1 KBName:  IMG_5139.jpg
Views: 1958
Size:  530.7 KBName:  IMG_5141.jpg
Views: 1449
Size:  716.3 KB

A few months went on and i still havent done too much to my original MDT, one day i was scrolling through trademe and found a deal that was just too good to pass! So i bought it! My second Remington 700 with A MDT Tac 21 chassis, Pistol grip, Magpul PRS Stock, ASE Ultra Supressor, Bushnell Elite Tactical DMR G2 reticle FFP 3.5-21x50 with a Trijicon BOBRO quick detach mount! Was super happy with the buy even though it has signs of wear and tear but i have plans to Cerakote it anyway so thats no issue for me! But here is where it stands and Up to date as of now, ill get the cerakoting done in the new year most probably! feel free to throw me any suggestions for my builds and any comments! Name:  tac211.jpg
Views: 1479
Size:  118.3 KBName:  tac 21.jpg
Views: 2523
Size:  154.7 KBName:  tac212.jpg
Views: 1698
Size:  149.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images     

My mate recently cleaned some factory black shit off his barrel and bolt etc with a bead blaster. Almost polished finish.
    What calibre are these things of yours? I see they are both short action

Oh Cheers! I appreciate it, ill get in touch with someone or ill give it a go, And they are Both .308

Simple green cleaner removed paint off a rifle I had

Acetone could work. It did on one my stock.

If you are getting it ceracoated they will bead blast it any way.
    Stuart at Greystone guns is in your area.. give him a shout. He does very nice work.

What did you do with the HS stock?

Interesting to hear what you think of the chassis? I have a friend looking at doing that to his beaten up howa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still have the stock laying here at home whys that?

Also will do ill contact Stuart a shout and see what he can do! Appreciate it!

If you have an air compressor buy a soda blaster gun and a bag of sodium bicarb off trade me and DIY, can peel off paint very gently

Sent my Remington 700 5r to Stuart to get cerakoted today so hopefully all goes well and I see it within a couple of weeks! Great guy and super easy to deal with! Would highly recommend!

It's back and up for sale now! Looking at more projects!