Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 7mm rem mag convert to smaller cal? advice please...

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Don't be silly, you aren't allowed to use logic on the internet!
    Yep silly me.
    Some people like to make life difficult for themselves though i guess.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Because they think they're easier to find than deer?
    And they taste good too, easier to carry out, and no one will steal it off the back of the truck.....what's not to like?
    gadgetman and GravelBen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootm View Post
    You have a 7-08 in the for sale section with a Dpt can. Wouldn't that be the answer to your problem with the rem mag, just using the 7-08 I mean?
    yeah but my mate gave me back my 270 so i now have 2 simalar calibers and the 7-08 is worth way more than the old 270 so i mayaswell free up some cash was my way of thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    2506 Gets the thumbs up they have a pretty good range of bullet weights not that Iv used anything under 117gn but that's only because my gun likes the 117 or 120,s got a trip to Stewart island coming up I wouldn't mind loading some 70grners just for kicks seemly they can get upto 3700 fps be interesting to test some on a goat.
    My .25/06 likes the 117-120 gr loads too. Shot several thousand goats with them. Tried the lighter projectiles at screaming high velocities but found with chest shots they disintegrated without penetrating and made horrible wounds. Still recall climbing up the side of a gorge to finish off a yearling goat on a ledge , that I'd shot with a Winchester 90 gr PEP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Why do people seem to think of goats as some kind of test dummies?
    Mostly because they smell , sometimes they are really stuped though not as stuped as a sheep I would happly test 70grn ers on a sheep but I have to eat them so im thinking shooting my sheep with a 25-06 isn't a great idea iv tested many a arrow on them but I draw the line at 223...im thinking Mr Songhurst you just haven't realised that goats make really good test dummies

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Mostly because they smell , sometimes they are really stuped though not as stuped as a sheep I would happly test 70grn ers on a sheep but I have to eat them so im thinking shooting my sheep with a 25-06 isn't a great idea iv tested many a arrow on them but I draw the line at 223...im thinking Mr Songhurst you just haven't realised that goats make really good test dummies
    They make really good curry too.....

For what its worth, I do not see any animal as a test dummy. No animal deserves to find out that your round is not enough to do the job. If you cannot be certain of an effective shot that will drop the animal cleanly and humanely, you should not pull the trigger. I realise that occasionally, people miss, but every effort should be made to reduce this possibility.
    shooternz likes this.