Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 7x47 Jumbo

thats only .07mm bigger than a wsm bolt face. you could do it on a savage action. or start with a 300rum case and blow that out. that way you can start with a standard bolt face. for example 338 Edge

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by robhughes-games View Post
    thats only .07mm bigger than a wsm bolt face. you could do it on a savage action. or start with a 300rum case and blow that out. that way you can start with a standard bolt face. for example 338 Edge
    Are those Edges any good Robhughes ?

Just had a look at the 300RUM case. If I keep the same neck length and 40deg shoulder and increase the case length from the first proposal (47mm) to 49mm I get the same case capacity as a 284Win. the 180vld's would need 2.9" COAL but could use 162 amax's under 2.8". Basically thats how the 7mmSAUM should have been done IMO. If we are looking for a little more horsepower than the 284 in a true s/a then need to use a fatter case me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    Are those Edges any good Robhughes ?
    7mm- i personally dont have one but i was developed by Shawn Carlock,( big into longrange, wrote in the nz hunter reciently, from the US). he has shot quite a few animals out past 1200m with his. think they are sending 300gr pill around 2950ish of the top of my head. ment to be quite an accurate round

Re: 7x47 Jumbo

Tussock your phone is just bringing you down to the level of our lastest high school graduates - your jus two edumacated 4 sosiety 2day

a lot of stuffing around for not much gain.... open up a short action rem 700 in the mag box (Mill it back to the trigger and enlarge the box etc) and run a 7mmwsm ...or imrove a the saum a tad....or run a std 7mmSAUM with RL17 in a 24" barrel and get 3100fps with the 162 and its a 1K rifle.

The SAUM std feeds nice and will do what a 280AI will do and just short of the Rem Mag and WSM...
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

Tussock is starting to sound like tui_man haha.

I personally think the SAUM would do the trick, but, 300 RUM shortened would be cool, but using the lapua brass would be badass.

Theres actually a fuck load of nice options in 7mm these days right off the shelf.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by crnkin View Post
    Tussock is starting to sound like tui_man haha.

I personally think the SAUM would do the trick, but, 300 RUM shortened would be cool, but using the lapua brass would be badass.

Theres actually a fuck load of nice options in 7mm these days right off the shelf.

Chris
    SAUM is a shortened Rum case...you could blow it out a bit as its is tapered but it feeds well being tapered

am I the only one who sees the problem going to all this effort for just better than 284 performance?
    expensive brass that you then have to spend time forming and prepping to then have feed issues with
    all to push a 180vld at what speed?
    seems like a lot of effort and continual expense for a mediocre outcome.

hallmarks of wildcat success are easily made cheeply sourced and created, and low effort to create action and brass wise
    Man Im negative in the morning, fuck. I think im turning into my dad.......

Name:  7-50BMG.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  27.4 KB

OK all you petrol heads, how about this for going mad. Start with a 50BMG case and a little machining ending up with 47mm case with 30deg shoulder and the same case capacity as 7RUM.
    Shown with 180 VLD at 2.8"COAL.

but what action will you put that in....will need to design a new one of those too

Fat little bugger of a case.

I think you should call it the 7mm Choad.
    DAF likes this.

What about starting with a .375 Ruger? Has same case head as the belted magnums but no belt so you get extra capacity. Shorten and neck it down to 7mm, will fit in a standard action no problem.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Some one has far too much time on their hands...

haha

Lets all make a shorter case so we can use a short action, then make the case head 20mm so that we need a barnard gp

hahahahahahahaha