Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: DIY Night Vision

Anyone still tinkering with these?

Thinking about playing with this a bit more. Anyone got any idea on how i could illuminate my reticle that is etched in my tube?

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Anyone still tinkering with these?

Thinking about playing with this a bit more. Anyone got any idea on how i could illuminate my reticle that is etched in my tube?
    just used the black ethcing

How have people found mounting to a rifle/using? How do you sight it in and also do you use a IR illuminator?

Haven't had the time to play around with mine lately. Have two partially made DIY builds. Other one is made frome like 1/3 of a PVS 4. I would like to rebuild it into a full PVS4 unit if I can find a front lense and ocular for a sub orbital price.

Any how I mounted it to a 1022 and used a cheap trademe laser for aiming, dimmed down with floppy disk film. Was able to hit a 6" plate at 75m in partial moonlight.

The old PVS-2 units these tubes came from had a eclan type mount so when you adjusted it the whole scope swung left , right or up , down. Mount the IR illuminator to either the scope body or the rifle. Best back from the front of the scope or under the rifle where light won`t reflect back into the scope from off the rifle.

Where's the best place to buy a decent ir illuminator

Ebay or trademe: The Ultrafire 501b IR is one of the best I have come accross and I include them in with Goggle and mono purchases.
    Light up about 350mts with Gen3 but I don`t know how they would preform with gen 1 as the Gen1 is less IR sensitive. Thats why they used to use spotlights and IR filters on Tanks or rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasbay View Post
    Ebay or trademe: The Ultrafire 501b IR is one of the best I have come accross and I include them in with Goggle and mono purchases.
    Light up about 350mts with Gen3 but I don`t know how they would preform with gen 1 as the Gen1 is less IR sensitive. Thats why they used to use spotlights and IR filters on Tanks or rifles.
    this the one? Highly Ultrafire Wf 501b Cree Infrared Ir 3w LED Night Vision Flashlight Torch-in Flashlights & Torches from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Check this Guy out his IR are amazing he ships to US etc https://www.facebook.com/Ir.light.builds?fref=ts

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CUjimmy View Post
    Check this Guy out his IR are amazing he ships to US etc https://www.facebook.com/Ir.light.builds?fref=ts
    Yep I have his lights here - will be selling them
    Have some videos taken a few nights ago - very nice torches