Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Hydraullic hauler, help needed

Hi guys

Im trying to put together a hydraullic hauler for my boat so I can set and retrieve hapuka, bluenose type set lines without busting my ass like I do at the moment
    I have sourced the hydraulic pump and tank off a hoist
    Im looking at mating it to a 5hp honda motor

Is there anything I need to know when sticking it all together? does it need a clutch?
    when you have an out put shaft where can you source a linkage to mate the two up

If I was to go electric hydraullic and fit a 12v motor to it how big would it need to be?
    is the power draw massive if Im hauling up from 400m? IE stuck 30miles offshore

Iv looked at the anchormax type winches but I think they are only good for cray pots in 30m of water so are unsuitable for regular runs of 150+m

for weights im using window sash weights so that will be the least it will be pulling up with hopefully a few deep water uglies as well

anyway if anyone can steer me in the right direction that would be great