Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Making A Quigley Sharps Rifle on my lathe.

Yes, Will be doing that to day, turned on my lathe and it would not stop???, until I turned the power off, now it won`t go, Bugger. So hardening all the bits will be the job today , and will see if I can get a nice colour on the hammer and side plate, but will test some bits first to see that I get. Homebrew.357.

If I can do half the stuff you've done on a lathe I'd die happy.

Did you learn it by trade or by playing around with them for years?
    VIVA LA HOWA

Hi Toby, Yes, I self taught my self I suppose over the years, if you had a car you had to fix it yourself, a garage cost to much, My first "gun" was made of water pipe, using black powder and used to hunt rabbits with it,( you don`t want to know), the cops found out and made me get a real one, a.22. I have also made a garden chipper out of a 3.5 hp moter mower engine driving a 202 holden fly wheel, takes no prisoners. Just love making things out of steel, I`m Mickgivers brother , no such thing as "Carn`t do it" Cheers, Homebrew.357.
    Bryan, ishoot10s, Toby and 5 others like this.

Far out, haven't been on here much lately....that's awesome!

homebrew -you are a fucking marvel.Mate if i had half your talent id be bloody happy.hmmmm- 3.5 B&Sdriving a holden .202 flywheel as a chipper -mate can i have the plans. im looking for a 3.5B&S to power a duckplucker for the boys in the field.welcome to the worlds first bareassed swan selfie!!!

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    You only need half his plans @kotuku or you'll end up with a duck-fucker!
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

aye- c404 picked up this plucker originally and gave it to me to work on cause im the mad DIY bastard in the syndicate.Tried it out on a duck-fuck me the way it ripped the feathers etc off the bird nearly choked me.old dog who was watching got a free duvet in under 30secs.problem uis of course ye old 1/4hp electric motor dont function in the field.
    I like that chipper idea-Id like to deal to a few people who take shit outta my mancave &dont put it back!
    ishoot10s and Scouser like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    aye- c404 picked up this plucker originally and gave it to me to work on cause im the mad DIY bastard in the syndicate.Tried it out on a duck-fuck me the way it ripped the feathers etc off the bird nearly choked me.old dog who was watching got a free duvet in under 30secs.problem uis of course ye old 1/4hp electric motor dont function in the field.
    I like that chipper idea-Id like to deal to a few people who take shit outta my mancave &dont put it back!
    Remind me to borrow the chipper first.
    308 and Scouser like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I tell you guys you would not want to put a duck down my chipper, it would be a f.....k up duck for sure!, When I make something , It`s built like topsy, on plans, I just bubel along and end up in the poo. When I made this "Chipper shredder' , I had The Shed mag, and sent a note to the editor Terry Snow, well he wanted to know all about it ,So yes it is in The Shed mag, Jun/ JULY 2007, ( Garden Gorilla Muncher Home made shredder and chipper ) if you get the mag, its all there. this is a hunting forum!!, not bloody gardening.oop,Homebrew.357.
    308 likes this.

Still waiting for the sparky with my lathe bits so hardened and tempered some bits to see what colour I could get, and the sample is the same as the action side plate, looks a nice colour and the hammer will be the same. Assembled the action now I had the hammer on the tumbler to see if all would work, no way, cocking the hammer was hard, spring to strong, so had to thin down the spring , thought this would be the case as I left it thick ,.100" and the plan was .085", now it works good a nice firm spring weight. Sorted out the fly and now all is working good, carn`t wait to fire it. I was looking to get a bike cog for the rifling of 1-18" ,so got a 3" dia one, now I have , big one=1-33", medium one =1-24.5", and 3" one=1-15.5", bugger, still can not get it right. Then maybe a twist of 1.15.5 would be ok?, Back to the bike junk shop for a 3.5"one?, I`ill get there. Pics, Homebrew.357.
    Name:  P1010813.JPG
Views: 851
Size:  130.8 KBName:  P1010814.JPG
Views: 780
Size:  135.7 KB
    veitnamcam and Toby like this.

Tools not Toys
    I have been following this with great interest Homebrew, this is really neat, you are obviously a clever chap! Forgive my stupidity but how does a bike cog achieve your rifling? I don't pretend to understand half of what you have done so far but the bike cogs have me fully bushed!
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.

Hi Hanse, You have not seen my thread on my ,Hawken plains rifle project, go to #2 on this thread 11 down, and you will see what a really, REALLY clever chap that I am. I made that one from the comehandy bits, but this one has to be done right. But I`m using all the add on bits I made for making the barrel. I did not see a sine bar machine, and when thinking of how to do it I looket up in my garage, and there was my garage door opener, a big loop of bike chain, Bingo! , brain fart, it was all on. Homebrew.357.

Quote Originally Posted by homebrew.357 View Post
    I tell you guys you would not want to put a duck down my chipper, it would be a f.....k up duck for sure!, When I make something , It`s built like topsy, on plans, I just bubel along and end up in the poo. When I made this "Chipper shredder' , I had The Shed mag, and sent a note to the editor Terry Snow, well he wanted to know all about it ,So yes it is in The Shed mag, Jun/ JULY 2007, ( Garden Gorilla Muncher Home made shredder and chipper ) if you get the mag, its all there. this is a hunting forum!!, not bloody gardening.oop,Homebrew.357.
    shit no -was gonna put gadget down it first
    gadget is built like a racing stockwhip,sidestep slicker than nicky hager on the make,and unlike a fat germanic prick -hes as honest as sunday is long.
    the only thing worrying me is hed go in for seconds just to see if he could improve the electronics on ya beast.

Hi guys , I`m going to start on making the barrel for this Sharps rifle , so will start a new post just for this and give you an idea of how it was done on my lathe.
    Will stop this thread from getting to long , so see you there. Homebrew.357.