Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: Stickmaking

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    That's the one Gibbo.
    And at school the Nuns used a ruler across the knuckles.
    And the "Brothers " a big thick hunk of leather strap. [lets no go any further there.]
    oh shit yes ,the good old catholic edumacation .welcome to the world. Iwas taught by a nun whose ability to throw a bloody duster would make a fast bowler turn green with envy!ruler across knuckles -yep .st bedes marist priests some were highly inventive vicious b...s-one actually broke a cane across a mates arse -we extracted a 1"splinter.
    given six in your PJs -prick would lay strokes 456 over 123-a badge of honour in the shower -a purple arse like corrugated iron.more than once skin was split&blood spilt .did they give a shit -no./simply problem dealt with.Fr Monty was the most creative -head in a bookcase -crack up ya come as first stroke slams home -Owww head bashes bookcase.
    the record -i was amongst a party of 40 boarders who celebrated St Pats night with a pj clad romp around the front field-great viewing for all motorists travelling the main nth rd
    in CHCH.
    Boarders discipline master Fr John(FUZZ) Dooley-caned the whole bloody lot of us 2 shots each ,much to the amusement of rector Fr Matt Durning who stood with Fr Mike(BOSS) curtain watching this feat of vindictive stamina!Me -I took stroke 40/41 across me arse and he was tired then!
    gadgetman and Harryg like this.

Been working on a holly thumbstick, changed the blade...I need to get outside for some fresh air, I think!!!!

Name:  saw 002.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  588.6 KB
    Woody likes this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    ditto on the jug cord
    Gibo likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    oh shit yes ,the good old catholic edumacation .welcome to the world. Iwas taught by a nun whose ability to throw a bloody duster would make a fast bowler turn green with envy!ruler across knuckles -yep .st bedes marist priests some were highly inventive vicious b...s-one actually broke a cane across a mates arse -we extracted a 1"splinter.
    given six in your PJs -prick would lay strokes 456 over 123-a badge of honour in the shower -a purple arse like corrugated iron.more than once skin was split&blood spilt .did they give a shit -no./simply problem dealt with.Fr Monty was the most creative -head in a bookcase -crack up ya come as first stroke slams home -Owww head bashes bookcase.
    the record -i was amongst a party of 40 boarders who celebrated St Pats night with a pj clad romp around the front field-great viewing for all motorists travelling the main nth rd
    in CHCH.
    Boarders discipline master Fr John(FUZZ) Dooley-caned the whole bloody lot of us 2 shots each ,much to the amusement of rector Fr Matt Durning who stood with Fr Mike(BOSS) curtain watching this feat of vindictive stamina!Me -I took stroke 40/41 across me arse and he was tired then!
    I'm not sure that you are a good advertisement for no harm....... your contributions appear to have the grammar, the coherence and the spelling all completely kicked out of them...
    Proudkiwi likes this.

First coat of varnish...

Name:  hollyvarn.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  304.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    I'm not sure that you are a good advertisement for no harm....... your contributions appear to have the grammar, the coherence and the spelling all completely kicked out of them...
    you need to speak for yourself -your postings normally give the impression youve got a guts full of half ripe lemons -sour as!
    pot calling kettle black eh mister.

Quite interested in this - I'm still using the stick that I made years ago whilst holed up in a hut in a storm in the back of the Orongorongo's years ago.
    Going to have another go I reckon ad making a shooting stick.

Do you wait a year on all wood?Do you seal the ends to slow the drying process?
    And where do you get the metal ferrules? I was rough and just used a roofing type bolt and wound it in, has worked for ages...

cheers
    @

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    you need to speak for yourself -your postings normally give the impression youve got a guts full of half ripe lemons -sour as!
    pot calling kettle black eh mister.
    Now thats coherrent.....

pity you cant spell then

Name:  DSC01593.JPG
Views: 782
Size:  913.6 KBName:  DSC01594.JPG
Views: 746
Size:  870.8 KB

A shooting stick my son made from lance wood, antler and horn.
    EeeBees, Scouser, kotuku and 3 others like this.

@HILLBILLYHUNTERS, that is very very cool...thank you for sharing the foto...the lancewood looks beautiful...

I'm in the process of doing a shillelagh at the moment, will post up pics when its done....

Please do...

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Righto I've had this piece of Sambar antler for ages and wondered what to do with it after seeing your thread you got me thinking about a stick or going by the piece of Lancewood i've got maybe pole.

Name:  20150927_144128.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  707.7 KB
    Name:  20150927_144138.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  677.7 KB
    @EeeBees So going by your examples how long do reckon it takes to dry?
    A year?
    Only cut this morning.
    Last edited by Shootm; 27-09-2015 at 03:19 PM.
    veitnamcam and EeeBees like this.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

While waiting for a pickup at the road end 94/95 I spotted this growing in the swamp.spent a couple of years in the garage roof,then cut to size.used as an attitude adjuster for two legs and four.now it keeps me upright."Such is Life"Name:  image.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  599.0 KB
    EeeBees, teFerrarri, FRST and 1 others like this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out